Spice Announces 5" Dual-Core ICS Phone At Rs 12K

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Spice Announces 5" Dual-Core ICS Phone At Rs 12K

Spice has announced a new range of Android based smartphones , 'Spice Stellar' which includes three products with 3.5 inch , 4 inch and 5 inch displays .

Spice calls these devices ‘Secure Android’ smartphones , promising security against virus , datal loss , theft etc for customers . The smartphones are being launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and will be upgradable to 4.0 ICS in future .

The range includes three phones , out of which Spice Stellar which comes with 4 inch display has been launched and the other two , Spice Stellar Horizon and Spice Stellar Craze will be launching later this month .

Spice Stellar , Stellar Craze and Stellar Horizon -

spicestellarcrazehorizo.jpg

Spice Stellar Specifications-
1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
4 inch display with 800x480 resolution
512MB RAM , 4GB expandable storage
5MP rear , VGA front camera
Android 2.3 Upgradable to 4.0 ICS
2000mAh battery - 7 hrs talktime , 120hrs standby

Price - Rs 9,999 .

Spice Stellar Horizon -
Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz Dual-Core CPU
5 inch display
512MB RAM , 4GB expandable storage
5MP rear , VGA front camera
Android 4.0 ICS
Dual SIM Capability
Wi-Fi , Bluetooth , GPS/AGPS

Price - Rs .11,999.

Spice Stellar Craze -
800MHz Processor
3.5 inch display
Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgradable to 4.0 ICS

Price - Rs 6499 .

Spice will also be offering free 3G data , for which they have partnered with Aircel . Customers will get 100MB / month data for a period of 1 year .

Source

yeah resolution and battery size is not specified by spice , its probably 800x480 only .. all three phones have capacitive display , but dont expect AMOLED etc :p it will be normal TFT display i guess ..

I'm actually impressed with the Spice Stellar. And since Internet Packs are roaming free, I can just pop-in my primary sim on 2G and use the Aircel 3G sim bundled for browsing.

Excellent deal I say. You get the complete deal, yet not stuck with Aircel. Nice huh?

I wish the price comes down. Huge gap between Stellar and Stellar Craze. Around 8k will be the perfect sweet spot. Motorola Fire XT already selling for 7.5k, and Karbonn A9 for 8.5k

@RoBoGhOsT - I am guessing that the dual core snapdragon would be a MSM8260.
Does anyone have any info regarding the resoultion of the 5" screen. WVGA wont be ideal for a 5" screen. But at the same time expecting HD in this price point is also asking for too much i guess.
I guessing that the 4" phone which has a single core snapdragon is a MSM7227A. Which is pretty decent for the price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stellar Craze and Stellar Horizon looks like iPhone :23:
Spice get ready to screwed by Apple :lol:
Not to worry they do no harm to low end phone manufacturers :bleh:

Yes, it looks like CSL MI 500 rebranded seeing spice's habit of rebranding, even Mi-410 was the same rebranded of CSL MI 410. 1ghz single core with 512mb of RAM may not be good enough for ICS :(

Back