Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Hello, McAfee today announced that Android is the most affected mobile OS by malware. Their latest research show 76% affected. So any one protecting your MI-410, share with us.

used AVG anti-virus free and ESET for Android. Scan did not show any issues. Marked some sms as suspicious which were actually not. Anyway didnt find much use of them so uninstalled.

And someone was asking about the screen quality. Personally I find it great and vivid and crisp. And especially in its price range there is no comparison. Its better than most phones I have seen and of course one cannot compare it to Amoled ones.

AMOLEDs are unnatural and over saturated colors. Loose their calibration over time. Some times one set of sup pixels fail instantaneously. A good TFT LED back lit LCD screen always good. Example IPS retina display.

Guys I am on Andro-ID RC2 custom ROM and I am having a problem. Whenever I lock my screen the screen just goes black instead of turning off. So when locked I have the phone just switched to a black background. This obviously is causing my battery to drain like anything. Please help and advice whether anyone else has faced the same kinda problem or maybe you could provide a solution for this.

dskochhar said:
Guys I am on Andro-ID RC2 custom ROM and I am having a problem. Whenever I lock my screen the screen just goes black instead of turning off. So when locked I have the phone just switched to a black background. This obviously is causing my battery to drain like anything. Please help and advice whether anyone else has faced the same kinda problem or maybe you could provide a solution for this.
I think it is like that only for everyone... screen just goes black when we press the power button.. but is that draining battery?

boomboom said:
I think it is like that only for everyone... screen just goes black when we press the power button.. but is that draining battery?

No mate you got me wrong. Imagine a wallpaper with nothing but black color in it. You would know the screen is on but just the background has turned black.

Anyway I solved the problem by putting the RC2 back. Titanium Backup made the whole thing a 15 min deal :)

dskochhar said:

Factory Reset & Reflash RC2

dskochhar said:

Are you using Chainfire 3D ? if yes then there is no solution as chainfire doesn't support gingerbread, so uninstall it.

Wiz said:
Are you using Chainfire 3D ? if yes then there is no solution as chainfire doesn't support gingerbread, so uninstall it.

Yes now that I remember I had just installed Chainfire 3D and then noticed this problem. Thanks for helping me figure out the culprit for this.

Anyway, I as I said earlier I am running RC2 and I have SetCPU installed. I have two simple profiles, the first one when I am using the phone - 768 somthing Mhz and when the screen is off - which is set to the minimum setting to save max battery.

Last night I charged the phone to a full 100 and made sure data, gps and wifi are off and I wake up this morning to find I have lost 40% battery life. When I check the battery details, it says the Android system had eaten the most battery. There were no apps running in the list.

Please advice as to what could be the problem and how much of battery drain do you guys face overnight.

love this phone

running stock gingerbread rooted... can anyone tell me what other 2.3 roms are available for this phone so i can try them all... thx

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

Guys! An alpha version of MIUI supposedly with 512mb RAM unlocked based on Android 2.3.5 has just been released.

Getting it as I type.

Gps, torch, WiFi, not working as yet

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Guys! An alpha version of MIUI supposedly with 512mb RAM unlocked based on Android 2.3.5 has just been released.

Getting it as I type.

Gr8, will wait till all issues are sorted out :clap:

Currently happy with my setup

Getting it as I type.

Link Please :clap:.......but without WIFI.....

Getting it as I type.

have you tried it dude ..... can you brief your experience.

Getting it as I type.

Would like to know more on this for my friend.

I've also tried it, looks good but some important things are not working so back on wellcom, btw the RAM is still shown 361mb in elixir and taskmanager of GO Launcher, any reason? @FR, Screenshots of your modded version please?

dskochhar said:
Yes now that I remember I had just installed Chainfire 3D and then noticed this problem. Thanks for helping me figure out the culprit for this.

Anyway, I as I said earlier I am running RC2 and I have SetCPU installed. I have two simple profiles, the first one when I am using the phone - 768 somthing Mhz and when the screen is off - which is set to the minimum setting to save max battery.

Last night I charged the phone to a full 100 and made sure data, gps and wifi are off and I wake up this morning to find I have lost 40% battery life. When I check the battery details, it says the Android system had eaten the most battery. There were no apps running in the list.

Please advice as to what could be the problem and how much of battery drain do you guys face overnight.

My battery used to drain fast when its charged with USB. So I use only AC plug to charge now.
Did you charge with USB ?

I am not happy with MIUI, although it have some good features like New gmail, equalizer embedded Music player, good numbers of toggle keys, very different icon, and touch ..... but still missing what i have experienced while Cyanogen Mod and RC2. What ever it may, great work done by developer...... shifting back to RC2. Also ADB not working for me........not able to enter in recovery mode through CMD. (Shifted to RC 2)

@ FR please post screenshots of your modded version....

Back