Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

paarkhi said:
Wellcom doesn't have or never had any issues (problems) to me, RC2 problems are kind of personal ;) Its a long Ramayana
So does Welcome help to save more battery than RC2 and which launcher you are using with Welcome ROM or with stock gingerbread them only......

By the way thank for XDA Sub Forum Link.....

paarkhi:1923924 said:
Yes, you can flash DooMKernel on wellcom (using it since many days), I have issues with RC1 and 2 and my fav is Spice CSL but it is full of crapware so I'm on Wellcom (its the best stock or Custom ROM for me)

Update

Subforum for this Device on XDA Forums

+1 for wellcomm rom with doomlord v2 kernel, i have been using this combo for few days now and feel that it is quite stable and have not experienced any random restarts on my phone.

Paresh1212 said:
+1 for wellcomm rom with doomlord v2 kernel, i have been using this combo for few days now and feel that it is quite stable and have not experienced any random restarts on my phone.

Although on RC 2, I am not facing any problem of restart. Already flashed with DoomLord kernel but never used or never OCed up to that extent ....... feeling RC2 also quite stable .......:D

vivekb said:
Although on RC 2, I am not facing any problem of restart. Already flashed with DoomLord kernel but never used or never OCed up to that extent ....... feeling RC2 also quite stable .......:D

I would like to know the advantage of RC2's system.img over wellcomm's system.img. Boot.img of DoomLord is equally good or might be better than RC2 boot.img, also why should we go through a long process of first installing RC1->RC2->Gps fix->Wifi-fix and than probably DoomLord kernel. Rather a simple method is flash Wellcomm and replace boot.img with DoomLord v2 & recovery.img with clockwork mod, Every thing works quite well be it SVD support for undervolting or having more intermediate frequencies.

If RC'2 system.img is really superior than it definately does make sense to install RC2 :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

suresh_linga said:
Is Adhoc networking possible between android to winxp over wifi, if so how?
You can try out Bzeek, but be very careful as it may mess up with your WI-FI and Ethernet drivers. Make a system restore checkpoint before installing this software, in case anything goes wrong you can revert to this checkpoint.

I tried Ad-hoc WI-FI on my friend's Window 7 64 bit with virtual router and it works flawlessly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are some of the undervolted frequencies which are quite stable on my phone on DoomLord V2 Kernel using IncrediControl. Its recommeded that you do not modify the voltages for frequencies below 245Mhz.

Governer:- On Demand

245Mhz - 750 mv

368Mhz - 750 mv

460-806 - 900 mv

952 - 950 mv

1024 - 1000 mv (This frequency is stable even on 975 Mhz but increased it to be on a safer side)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried modifying the gps.conf file in /system/etc with the NTP server from India or Asia for faster GPS access. There is a link on XDA regarding addition of NTP_Server of the country or the continent for faster GPS access. I did add a NTP_Server for India but did not see any improved performance.

manu george said:
After a long experience with my mi410 I am going to buy moto photon 4g.members please give your valuable advises.I am going to buy it from ebay us.
So what is your feedback of long experience with mi-410, pls share with us.

Thanks a lot to this forum i bought MI410 yesterday. I have been following this forum since May'11 and taking notes :). You see this is my first android! Initially i even had problems typing a simple message!! But thanks to this forum and especially Paarkhi, FR, Deathbearer, c_anuraag, sajokj and many others, I am now on RC2.

Feels really great! I have learnt so much in the past few months. Thanks again everyone!!

There is a Update for MIUI ROM

Changelog:

Update the kernel

Camera rear (Photo & Video) are now functioning, but still not stable.

Repair geomagnetic sensor (Compass)

Experimental implementation of GPS, but the hardware is not functioning properly. still using a coarse-based location (for users outside of Indonesia are advised to change gps.conf)

Just Shifted to RC 2 from MIUI (updated with updates available on 18 Sept and was using for last two days) ....

Frankly speaking ...... not happy when compared for Usability ........

Some experiences with MIUI

Positive

1. Good design, logos, and User interface concept (although its copy of i OS)

2. Good number of option for customization

3. Facebook sync with contacts

4. Lots of toggle key

5. Good availability of RAM

6. Good browser experience (as like desktop only)

7. More batter saver than RC2 definitely (increases life for more than two to three hours)

8. Last ..... updated version i.e. 2.3.5

negative

1. Touch got freezes many time (many time gives feel like using resistive display)

2. Hang some time ....... (made me annoyed)

3. Camera useless...... (even after update which I installed by wiping data and cache)

4. Got bored with UI immediately.

5. Less option for widget....

6. No options for Live wallpaper

More or less ..... I am on RC 2:)

You can install live wallpapers or any launcher on miui from the market. I even backed up the cm 7 adw launcher through titanium and installed it on MIUI :lol:

I haven't got a single instance of it hanging or touch response freezing.

Infact its better than ever!

Though I do miss the lack of doomkernel, camera, FM.

Will test GPS on my way to work today.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on MIUI 1.9.9

Back