Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Scorpy said:
Guys any idea where I can get a screen protector/scratch guard ... The one which it had came out now I want a new one ... any idea which site sells it ? I searched google cant find it ... or does some other phones protector fit this one ?

does mi-410 comes with in an inbuilt screenguard.i bought the mobile a week before.i am wondering whwther it has some inbuilt screenguard or i need to buy separately

remove default screen guard and install 4.5 inch screen protector,it will suit up to below controls.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hello friends use ESfile explorer. It connects LAN perfectly and can able to see WIN XP drives.

Dear Members

i encountered a strange problem. The vedios of my gallery shows diff thumb nail. (i admit that i saw some AA clips, but deleted , two three weeks back). But now, whieneve I paste movies in my SD card, gallery shows the thumb nails of those old ones, but wen we play it, its the new movies.. Its just old the "thumbnail"... Cant think if someone see it.."Image"...???? so i keeep my phone always locked..

Please let me know how to get rid of it it.. I had deleted some of those thumbnails, but the entire new movie got deleted..

@parkhi, and FR, why did u all changed from RC2? is there any problems u were facing??

Infact. I didnt get any problems on Wifi, GPS (lock time is 2-3 minuts first time) expect some random restarts..

Dr Benjamin said:
Dear Members

i encountered a strange problem. The vedios of my gallery shows diff thumb nail. (i admit that i saw some AA clips, but deleted , two three weeks back). But now, whieneve I paste movies in my SD card, gallery shows the thumb nails of those old ones, but wen we play it, its the new movies.. Its just old the "thumbnail"... Cant think if someone see it.."Image"...???? so i keeep my phone always locked..

Please let me know how to get rid of it it.. I had deleted some of those thumbnails, but the entire new movie got deleted..

@parkhi, and FR, why did u all changed from RC2? is there any problems u were facing??

Infact. I didnt get any problems on Wifi, GPS (lock time is 2-3 minuts first time) expect some random restarts..

Yup Just Tried it...............

There Is Some Problem With Gallery App

Hi Ben/Saturn/Spice User 410 or any expert Mi-410 user.
Please help me solve my quandary.

Choices Mi-410, Defy, A85

Pros for Mi-410
1. Front Camera
2. 4" Screen (Slightly Bigger)
3. 1GHz Snapdragon
3. Unbelievable Price.
Cons for Mi-410
1. Snapdragon Processor with inherent temperature-related CPU failures
2. Inbuilt memory is not much.
3. Untrustworthy build quality, based on the multiple camera failures among other things.
4. Not sure if the piece I'll end up is just a refurbished defective piece which was returned in the 1st place.

Pros for Defy
1. No need to worry about support from the Manufacturer or the developer community for any H/W, S/W issues.
2. Not Snapdragon.
3. 2 GB of in-built memory.
4. (Much?) better display.
Cons for Defy
1. Major miss is the lack of secondary camera. (Video chatting not a priority)
2. Slightly smaller screen. (Do not think it would matter much, again I could be wrong)
3. Slightly lower speed. (Can be over-clocked and with its better battery I think it should be fine)

Now the price difference b/w the 2 is just 1k INR.
I've waited long and don't mind waiting more, but I want to make the correct decision.

So my questions:
1. Is it to late to buy Mi-410 and should I expect only defective pieces?
2. With the launch of A85 around the corner will the price if Mi-410 fall further?
3. Should I forget all about this, wait for A85 and hope it to be around 15k?
4. Brands means quality so should I go for Defy?

vamshiram said:

Pros for Mi-410

1. Front Camera

3. 1GHz Snapdragon

3. Unbelievable Price.

Cons for Mi-410

3. Untrustworthy build quality, based on the multiple camera failures among other things.

4. Not sure if the piece I'll end up is just a refurbished defective piece which was returned in the 1st place.

Pros for Defy

1. No need to worry about support from the Manufacturer or the developer community for any H/W, S/W issues.

2. Not Snapdragon.

Cons for Defy

2. Slightly smaller screen. (Do not think it would matter much, again I could be wrong)

3. Slightly lower speed. (Can be over-clocked and with its better battery I think it should be fine)

I've waited long and don't mind waiting more, but I want to make the correct decision.

So my questions:

2. With the launch of A85 around the corner will the price if Mi-410 fall further?

first thing..... processor is better than Defy, comes as 1 GHz and can OC up to 1.9 GHz..... not at all possible with defy :) (I think), second thing, I am not facing problem with Heating..... (as I am on custom ROM RC2) so what you mention as cons I am really not bother about that..... second thing.... if you called 2 GB is not enough for mobile then you should go for I phone.... because I think defy also giving same or less than MI 410. Built quality is good..... you can feel the same when you will handle this mobile....... I dropped twice from the hight of 4 - 5 feet.... still working very fine without a single defect...... and camera problem and many also come with other manufacturer also...... but people neglect them...... Spice customer have overall good service at least better than these micro and max and lab lab co...., proved by many users.... not all because its human who handle these stores so its ur luck..... and last I really want to say..... Spice may not be a good brand but MI 410 is quality phone, better than defy ..... and advice .... don't buy this phone as your question and description shows that you are brandholic .... so go with any brand which you like....

paarkhi said:

I have a doubt, if it is the same as 19/09/2011 update as the mdsum mentioned are same..

and I am getting a different mdsum... does that mean i am getting a different file? downloaded from xda as well as andro-id link... they themselves are showing same mdsum but that is different from the mentioned one !!!

BTW i have tried all the previous three and this latest one... but had to restore back old rom/setup( RC2 this time)

boomboom said:
I have a doubt, if it is the same as 19/09/2011 update as the mdsum mentioned are same..

and I am getting a different mdsum... does that mean i am getting a different file? downloaded from xda as well as andro-id link... they themselves are showing same mdsum but that is different from the mentioned one !!!

BTW i have tried all the previous three and this latest one... but had to restore back old rom/setup( RC2 this time)

MD5 is different for 24-09-2011--> c54979b8c1ed92ed5205545bcb2d3237

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rajeshjsl said:
motorola defy or spice mi 410 ??

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/spice-mi-410-or-moto-defy-193112.html

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-p...ne-1ghz-snapdragon-190441-87.html#post1930334

vamshiram said:

Pros for Mi-410
1. Front Camera
3. 1GHz Snapdragon
3. Unbelievable Price.
Cons for Mi-410

Pros for Defy
2. Not Snapdragon.
Cons for Defy

So my questions:

First of all I am the owner of two MI-410s.

1. Moto defy is out of concern because it is having less powerful processor and GPU.

2.Screen size plays major role.

3.Build quality is not that bad. This is where they save some manufacturing costs.

4.Unbelievable price due to it is OEM mobile, so many brands share design and manufacturing costs. In the same thread I have posted my view on how spice is giving this for lesser price check it.

5.This and that problems will be there on every branded and phone. If you feel memory is less go for 16GB class 10 Micro SD. GS-II also heats up when you play games. so does it matter.

6.Now a days branding is not important VFM is more concern. see the website Market Intelligence | Market Research Firm | Industry and Market Research Reports & Analysis - iSuppli and tear-downs the BOD of GS I is USD250 only. There are so many reasons for high price in bigger brands , it does not mean that you get good quality and good mobile. See LG OPT 2X lot of screen bleed and restart issues.

7. Every company will do re fabrication and resell as new. You may not know this but make sure box is sealed.

still if you are interested in Brand do lot of research you will find the truth. I am the Saturn on gsmarena.

I still can't get the download from andro-id.net to work for the 24/9 update of miui.

Even download.andro-id.net is throwing the same error :(

Can someone please post a mirror to some filesharing website of your choice.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I still can't get the download from andro-id.net to work for the 24/9 update of miui.

Even download.andro-id.net is throwing the same error :(

Can someone please post a mirror to some filesharing website of your choice.
TJ_Style said not to post mirrors :(

Back