Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

guys.....I lost my Mi410 , in crowded street in Bandra Mumbai, about 1 month ago......

While it was I just had one major complain that of low battery....I just saw that spice has provided an official android upgrade to 2.3 , has that made any significant improvements in the battery......??

Should i buy this again , or u reckon a different phone or brand experience...may be a BB?? .was considering Motorola Fire XT ( same budget ) . Any more suggestions at about 13 k budget....

Cheers

akitosforever said:
guys.....I lost my Mi410 , in crowded street in Bandra Mumbai, about 1 month ago......

While it was I just had one major complain that of low battery....I just saw that spice has provided an official android upgrade to 2.3 , has that made any significant improvements in the battery......??

Should i buy this again , or u reckon a different phone or brand experience...may be a BB?? .was considering Motorola Fire XT ( same budget ) . Any more suggestions at about 13 k budget....

Cheers
BB na.....................
Fire XT looks nice (although slightly having lower spec)....

akitosforever said:

Cheers

Actually Motorola Fire XT is a huge step backwards when comparing to what you were using a month ago. With 800 MHz processor that is 1st generation snapdragon with Adrenos 200 GPU (The worst) you might be limited in some aspects. Atleast with Spice Mi-410, the hardware is good and decent. Battery life has been a concern for not just this, but nearly all other Android phones.

what Is wish to know is , if the battery has improved with Gingerbread Upgrade.....atrix is not available in Inda ..or is it?

Spec wise , i think its right up there......may be I am looking for a different look nd feel...

If not this , then I think Defy comes the closest as far Price Performance Ratio....

akitosforever said:
what Is wish to know is , if the battery has improved with Gingerbread Upgrade.....atrix is not available in Inda ..or is it?

Spec wise , i think its right up there......may be I am looking for a different look nd feel...

If not this , then I think Defy comes the closest as far Price Performance Ratio....

Atrix is listed at flipkart but do not know when it will arrive in India - Flipkart.com: Motorola Atrix: Mobile

But it will definitely be priced at 25k minimum considering its dual core. I would not recommend buying from US unless you know the risks involved with it. You lose warranty and also risking of your package getting stolen. So it is not worth it for the price tag of 17-19k.

Defy will give you different look and feel. It is an excellent handset. Although technically the hardware is inferior when comparing to Spice Mi-410, the physical body is much better considering its life proof.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
You need to recalibrate the battery after every major firmware upgrade.
Download the free battery calibration app from the market.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on MIUI 1.9.30
Yes mate. I have recalibrated my battery. It is a little better but I am still not happy with what I am getting. Will observe a little more for some time.

I am using battery dr saver.

2days back after killing all tasks .It was giving me superb battery in sense.At 6 clk battery 45% at 9 pm again mobile check battery 41%.

Not bad.

But from yesterday .Even after killing all task.As soon as i refresh all task comes back.If i kill all task and just shut the screen.And after 15 minutes i check the mobile.Again the battery have almost got drained 5%.

Now i am totally confused.

MAGNeT said:
I am using battery dr saver.

2days back after killing all tasks .It was giving me superb battery in sense.At 6 clk battery 45% at 9 pm again mobile check battery 41%.

Not bad.

But from yesterday .Even after killing all task.As soon as i refresh all task comes back.If i kill all task and just shut the screen.And after 15 minutes i check the mobile.Again the battery have almost got drained 5%.

Now i am totally confused.

You should avoid using task killers on Android as they do more harm than good to your phone. The constant restarting of apps is the reason behind the draining of battery.

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

Planning to buy this phone but heard there are some hardware issues with this phone like touch sensitivity derogates over the time.

Also it supports only two touchpoints .Has anybody encountered any issues while playing games?

Just need a feedback from actual users.

Also whats the current price of it?

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
The display of my phone has fubared.
Have submitted the phone at the spice centre.
I expect to get a new phone / replacement display in a week or so.
despite having very good hardware at this price point ,Whenever i make my mind to buy this phone i end up seeing such posts.

This has happened numerous times with this phone.I guess this phone is following Chinese trend of use and throw (i wonder the origin of this phone).

Back