Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
The display of my phone has fubared.
Have submitted the phone at the spice centre.
I expect to get a new phone / replacement display in a week or so.
Can this be a result arising out of too much experiments with the unstable 'ROMs'???

^ Definitely not.

I attribute it to an inferior panel exacerbated by my rough/over use.

But its not something to worry about since the spice guys have assured me that they will be giving a new replacement.

Ok i got this phone 2 days back and i really like it. Few problems i have been facing

1) It restarts randomly. ( had updated to 2.3.4 using a ROM shared on FB fan page and it was mentioned that its an official ROM )

2) Now tried another ROM ( its suppose to be an official ROM too. i am a little confused about the actual official ROM as there are several people who have uploaded on different servers and could not download it from the spice site ) So after trying this one now there is a lag in the screen lock.after the screen is locked if i press the power button it takes about 7 to 8 seconds to show the screen.

3) Tried to figure how to install RC2 as i have heard from many here that its stable but could not find a single thread which explained how to install RC2 :( i also read that RC1 is to be installed first and i have downloaded both but dont know how to flash them.

So now could some one please help me on how to install the RC1 and RC2. or should i simply take it to the service center to get an official update? Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Shri

Guys I am on RC2 and not happy with the battery life. I am planning on going to Wellcomm Gingerbread or MIUI. Please advice whether which one is more stable at the moment and would give me better battery performance.

Also do I need to root the phone after putting wellcomm?

paarkhi said:
^Read this CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread and ask here if you have any problems or these 91 pages are your friend

Hi Paarkhi i have read that thread before. but still not able to clearly find out how to flash the ROM. I have downloaded both RC1 and RC 2 and i have also installed CWM and i have rooted the phone. but now i dont know how to take it further. i would really appreciate if you can tell me the steps. thanks in advance.

I just got to know yesterday that price was slashed in Spice Hotspots in bangalore. Now we can get it around 13,500 (older 14k) in spice hot spot - bangalore. So I think, sohalic may also reduce their price. But still i want to get it from spice hotspot as I can see the pack which they open infront of me and also hotspot people will carry my piece to service centre to get any thing done.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Not days. Same day :lol:
To be fair, I had learned some stuff while experimenting with my Blade. So I've got like 3 months of info on you :D
Changed my build.prop to HTC incredible S and fingerprint to Nexus S. Now time to get me some Gameloft love :D

Free Radical Can You Let Me Know Step By Step How To Change Device ID, Or Is There Any App For It?

shrikanthsy said:
Hi Paarkhi i have read that thread before. but still not able to clearly find out how to flash the ROM. I have downloaded both RC1 and RC 2 and i have also installed CWM and i have rooted the phone. but now i dont know how to take it further. i would really appreciate if you can tell me the steps. thanks in advance.

If you were able to change the recovery to CWM, then just put the RC2 on the root of your MicroSD card and goto recovery and select install from SDcard and select the RC2 file from it. (Actually Dev and other users say that you need to flash RC1 before flashing RC2 but I have done otherwise and I didn't had any problems and it worked smooth so you can try or else you need to flash RC1 before flashing RC2)

Format /wipe the data partition before and after flashing RC2, Data will be lost so take proper backup

This is my first andriod mobile. Please correct me if I am wrong or if it is a silly question.

Can any one let me know to download apps to my mobile(not from mobile) using desktop? is there any PC suite to do so?

Also, How can I upload all my contacts(which is in xl) to mobile?

Thanks in advance..

1. You can search Google and find the apk files (The APK is the installer file for Android) and then just connect your phone in USB Mass Storage mode and copy it to your SD Card (in a folder probably) and you can install them from the folder whenever you like.
2. You can upload your contacts to your gmail account and configure the same account in your Android Phone and it will automatically sync all your contacts.

SO when are we getting ANDROID 4.0 update

coz Google sayz theoretically phones running gingerbread are capable of running android 4.0(ice cream sandwich)

I think officially we will have to w8 but unofficially modded version could done

what do you all say?

Google will probably release the source code in December, after which it will take at least 2 months to get a stable release, if there are a good number of devs behind it. I highly doubt there will be an official ICS version for the Mi-410.

I think they shud release a official ICS version for mi-410 because after all its their flagship model...so there shud be offcial android 4.0 fro mi-410...!!!!!

I believe that ICS Can be ported from the SDK itself (which is already released) so there is no need for source code ??I am not sure.... can someone clear me up¿¿

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk pro

[attachment=10002:16820.attach]

Firstly guys sorry for the colossal delay in posting the pics, and also apologies for the horrid pics. Guess I have to do some work in that area.

The first pic on the left shows the package. Next is the contents of the same. There is the silicone cover, screen guard and a special type of screen cleaner which I am seeing for the first time, and it is very effective. Just a few wipes cleans the screen.

The cover is made to fit the handset, exact dimensions and every groove is taken care of. Now that the cover is on, I miss the feel of the heated metal especially since I have oced it to 1900 mhz. No issues of overheating or restarts with the cover on. Though I must add that I stay in an area where the max temp rarely crosses 18 degrees.

No problems also to use the vol rocker and the on power button. Also no issues with the charging cable.

Now I had reported earlier that I had received the black and the white version together. But that was a mistake on part of ICCworld the guys who handle global easy buy for India. Soon I received a call asking me to return the white one. But there was no return address mentioned and so I have not returned the same.

That means I am left with an unused white cover with the screen guard and the cleaner, which I can dispatch to any member, and ofcourse it will be free of cost since I have got it free too.

Do let me know if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 4.jpg