Splinter Cell Chaos Theory released..

Yeah Chaos Theory has support for SM 3.0, but even a 6800 GT stutters with HDR lightning enabled.. Just shows that Nvidia's SM 3.0 are yet unplayable but just a marketing gimmick.

Full version is released a week ago but not sure if its available in India...
I played the demo ,I woukd say its was good but not awesome .

sm3 isn't a gimmick, it actually runs older shader effects faster than sm2b (far cry is faster in sm3 mode if you don't turn on hdr) and allows for a few newer effects of its own (that's where it slows down on mid-range cards like the 6600gt).

Albeit framerates in the 30's is very normal and might I say good for splinter cell games at 1280x1024, I didn't see the last 2 perform any better unless I dropped to a lowly 1024x768.

^^ Nvidias Sm 3.0 support is like their FX SM 2.0 support under powered and ineffective. One of the main aspects of SM 3.0 is displacement mapping and none of the cards can render that in playable frame rates..

saumilsingh said:
sm3 isn't a gimmick, it actually runs older shader effects faster than sm2b (far cry is faster in sm3 mode if you don't turn on hdr) and allows for a few newer effects of its own (that's where it slows down on mid-range cards like the 6600gt).

Albeit framerates in the 30's is very normal and might I say good for splinter cell games at 1280x1024, I didn't see the last 2 perform any better unless I dropped to a lowly 1024x768.

The 6600GT has known problems with the splinter cell engine cos it behaves as a 4 pipe card in it unlike other games.

The game's just been released and they already have a 77+ mb patch out for it. This is what happens when you use Starforce protection :eek:hyeah:.

Back