Split AC, length of copper pipe

rajil.s

Adept
I would like to install a split AC in a room on the ground floor of my house. The room in question doesnt have a easy access on the ground floor, however it does have a path way to the terrace on the 2nd floor. The cooling tubes from the split AC to the external unit is going to be pretty long.

Anybody has a view whether this will be an issue or should it be ok?

Additionally, if I were to buy the AC from Amazon, do the installation guys do such kind of a non-standard install.

I would like to install a split AC in a room on the ground floor of my house. The room in question doesnt have a easy access on the ground floor, however it does have a path way to the terrace on the 2nd floor. The cooling tubes from the split AC to the external unit is going to be pretty long.

Additionally, if I were to buy the AC from Amazon, do the installation guys do such kind of a non-standard install.

The copper pipe might end up costing you more than the cost of the AC if the distance is huge. The cost per metre can vary from 500-800 per metre

It's a double whammy when you have extended distance between the outdoor and indoor units. Not only will the costs increase for the piping but the efficiency drops quite a bit. Leaks are also more complicated to diagnose or fix later on.

I dont think, I have a 2 TON AC in my drawing area, and the unit is kept in duct area of a bed room.
More then 25 feet distance among unit and AC.. there is kitchen and a washroom in between.
Around last 5 years+ no issues, except getting AC servicing done once/twice a year ;)

Note: Drawing room AC is hardly used, twice/thrice a month, guests arrival, some get-together etc.
Not daily. (hence we went for this solution)..
I have no idea on costs..

Back