[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

From this episode, I get the feeling that Jon Snow is going to be the big bad in this series. This episode also nicely wrappped up the Karstarks alliance from the books in terms of Stannis. Also, why not put a spoiler tag on this thread so that we don't have to do it for every ****ing post?

The whole room was clapping after todays episode. Knew something would happen when Kit harington was mentioned in opening credits name.[DOUBLEPOST=1462210351][/DOUBLEPOST]My reaction after todays episode
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I posted the comment "WTH" after watching Episode 1 of this reason. And i will post again WTH .
It just keeps getting better and better. Now i have decided that will watch them altogether once the season has ended and stay away from Facebook and other Social websites for a while.

I didnt like the Jon snow part. Lamest comeback ever. Danny gets to come out from fire, Jon gets a sappy priestess chanting shit. :( My favourite part of the episode was Tyrion and Lyanna Stark flashback. Dont understand why the show writers have this weird hatred for flashbacks when GOT could have some insane ones. Maybe its just a reason to keep already increasing costs down.

As for whats in the future, its all leading up to the Battle of the Bastards. Check the preview for episode 3. Guess who's the gift. Oh and Tower of Joy Scenes incoming <3
Ps- Whats the need to put spoilers here :| Shouldnt be on this thread if you dont want spoilers :|

Ps- Whats the need to put spoilers here :| Shouldnt be on this thread if you dont want spoilers :|

Who are you and me to decide if people want to visit the thread or the forum? We need to understand certain netiquettes before posting in a forum (even applies to blog/anywhere online). If you find it difficult to maintain them, feel free to type your own blog where people will decide whether to browse or not. But this is certainly not the way in forums.

Please share a proper definition of spoiler for techenclave forum so we users who use the forum are better aware and clear. After a episode airs till how long ( in hours, days, years) do we wait and use a spoiler tag. Also do books count ?, can we discuss books or do we include spoilers for them as well ? eg. If someone has not seen last years season 5 and reads something here posted by members, does it count as bad netiquette ?

Since there is no holy bible of netiquette or maybe i am not aware of, i read on one of the many of these that to "behave the same way one would behave offline". If you dont wish to know about the latest episode that has aired recently even in india would you go to a group of friends discussing the episode ? Logically one would refrain and skip the meeting. Same way those who have not seen the episode can refrain from viewing this thread.

Last edited:
Who are you and me to decide if people want to visit the thread or the forum? We need to understand certain netiquettes before posting in a forum (even applies to blog/anywhere online). If you find it difficult to maintain them, feel free to type your own blog where people will decide whether to browse or not. But this is certainly not the way in forums.
I think Mr India has answered you adequately. Also as a mod maybe you should be a little less condescending.[DOUBLEPOST=1462436947][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, GRRM has said that he is putting a TWIST in the Winds of Winter with a character that is dead in the shows playing a major part in it. :O
Wonder who it is. They have killed some 15 characters more in the show as per GRRM. But at the speed he is writing maybe we will read about it in 2036.

God these guys need to get a move on. The show needs to go faster. :( There is so little from the lands of Always Winter, and about the Night's king. Curiosity is killing me :(

Please share a proper definition of spoiler for techenclave forum so we users who use the forum are better aware and clear. After a episode airs till how long ( in hours, days, years) do we wait and use a spoiler tag. Also do books count ?, can we discuss books or do we include spoilers for them as well ? eg. If someone has not seen last years season 5 and reads something here posted by members, does it count as bad netiquette ?

Since there is no holy bible of netiquette or maybe i am not aware of, i read on one of the many of these that to "behave the same way one would behave offline". If you dont wish to know about the latest episode that has aired recently even in india would you go to a group of friends discussing the episode ? Logically one would refrain and skip the meeting. Same way those who have not seen the episode can refrain from viewing this thread.

Now this is exactly what I was expecting.

Let me explain, we dont (as adults and grown up individuals) need rules to start following manners and etiquette. Some of us here may only understand a leash on them and my post is not intended to them because they wont understand it. So if you think good manners needs bible to specify it, I am sorry I cant help you.

Fortunately, my set of friends rather push me to watch it quickly before we can all engage in a discussion. So yeah we refrain from spoiling it for others.
Let me ask you a similar question - do you spoil the movie for your friends by discussing it just before the show or during the show just because couple of you in the group has seen it? or do u ask them to go separately or do not join them for the movie as a fun outing since they are lagging behind?
Now thats the manners we keep. You need not follow with your friends though.
Also as a mod maybe you should be a little less condescending.
Stop painting us out as if we are bossing you out when we make a personal and honest opinion. You can beg to differ but if you think you are forced, you wont come back to this forum again i bet. So stop playing the "victim".

Whats the harm in putting a small Spoiler tag !!
Not all the discussion here are about the 'spoilers' and not everyone watches the show as soon as it comes out.

google some statistics and you might understand if possible. We can have access to unaired content through people who have shot things while filming was going on.

google some statistics and you might understand if possible. We can have access to unaired content through people who have shot things while filming was going on.
yawnn.. another "logic"? Do you know the word speculation and what it means?
I seriously hope you dont believe what you read on internet (google is just a search engine) unless its from official or authentic sources.
Feel free to post links to those insiders leak here to prove your claims of the leak. But if this was one of your "logical" thinking ("may be they can, cant they?") then all I can say is - let the logic prevail.

Now this is my last post on the topic since clearly, you have no clue what you are talking about and I cant degrade any further.

^^ I think Mr India is referring to Jon Snow being spotted at the sets. I'd say that was more confirmation and less speculation :D

Why not put a spoiler's alert tag on the thread title itself? Vast majority of the posts are about the latest aired episode and anyone who doesn't want spoilers should just avoid the thread during an ongoing season.

Last edited:
I think Mr India is referring to Jon Snow being spotted at the sets. I'd say that was more confirmation and less speculation :D

Remember, scenes of him dead must still be shot with him :)
Spotting the shoot never really revealed if he was going to be alive or not. But there were definitely "speculations" about him being alive based on the shooting pics.

I know the wide spread news about it and incidentally I was in Belfast during the period. Oh no, I dint spot him :)

With John Snow back to life, its becoming like Chandrakanta serial of late 90s Or Balaji telefilm venture.

So far nothing appealing in Season 6, Good bye GOT if another 2 episodes don't entertain.

Arya & Tyrion still keep me entertained & committed though.

Last edited:
Jon Snow coming back to life was pretty much predicted by the fans with it being achieved by the Red lady. So not a big surprise tbh.

Lol my apologies for the spoiler. Added the spoiler tag.

Doubt whether its needed much seeing the few posts before me! :confused:

Last edited:
Stop painting us out as if we are bossing you out when we make a personal and honest opinion. You can beg to differ but if you think you are forced, you wont come back to this forum again i
bet. So stop playing the "victim".
I contest your very notion that posting Game of Thrones spoilers in a thread meant to discuss Game of thrones is bad manners or ettiquettes. Get it?

Not painting you anything. This is a Game of thrones thread. Latest episode and theories will be discussed here, if we cant discuss without spoiler tags here, then where can we discuss on this forum? Can there be a more exclusive place to discuss it than this? No one is messaging you spoilers personally. Then doesn't it stand to reason that you should first watch the episode and then open the thread? Its not ettiquettes to force people to do stuff or shame them when they aren't doing anything wrong, just cause you are a mod.

We cant have 10 replies one after the other that are basically like a series of spoiler tags. There's no point. When the books were ahead of the show then it made sense to put the future confirmed story in spoilers. Right now its just wasteful and a PITA for no reason.

Anyone read that hodor meeting the prisoned white walker in the winterfell crypts theory. pretty interesting it is, cant find the quora link i read it today to share

Back