Spring Mattress

mehta_april

Disciple
Hey Everyone,

I need suggestions and your valuable opinions for a good spring-mattress.

I can max damage myself upto 50k.

Open to buy/import, if any good is option.

@mods: I'm not sure, whether its a legitimate-post or not, if making any violations, please remove the post.

I saw a spring mattress at Big Bazaar. It was Dreamline Brand (future group's own brand promoted by Hema Malini). But the helper said it was manufactured by Kurl-On. This was also written on the specifications tag. I believe it was around 12k.

But let me warn you, most doctors say coir mattress is much better for your back than spring mattress.

Hey Everyone,

I need suggestions and your valuable opinions for a good spring-mattress.

I can max damage myself upto 50k.

Open to buy/import, if any good is option.

@mods: I'm not sure, whether its a legitimate-post or not, if making any violations, please remove the post.

50k is a good budget.

Depending on the fact if anyone using the bad has a back condition or not, if former then do not go for anything but bonnel spring mattress, else go for the pocketed spring mattresses or above.

I bought an 10 inch Springfit (reason, the brand offers warranty according to bed thickness) for around 25k at 25% off IIRC.

So you could easily afford an 8-10 inch pocketed spring mattress.

If you are in Delhi then I can give you the number of a guy who imports mattresses which are brilliant BTW.

I saw a spring mattress at Big Bazaar. It was Dreamline Brand (future group's own brand promoted by Hema Malini). But the helper said it was manufactured by Kurl-On. This was also written on the specifications tag. I believe it was around 12k.

But let me warn you, most doctors say coir mattress is much better for your back than spring mattress.

That info is false. I know so because I have a back problem.

Do check out the foam mattress. Dad got one for the master bedroom. Costed some 35k last year. It's from sleepwell. When you sleep on it, it creates a depression in the mattress with your shape, and this way supports your body fully. After you get off of the bed the depression vanishes and the bed is back to normal. Both my mom and dad were picky about mattresses but this one seems to have soothed all the problems.

Really? So you are saying spring mattress is ok for back?

then i must be misinformed.

I did not understand is bonnel spring better or worse?

Nope, you are not. What you said is right. My bro has back problem & doctor advised him against spring mattress. And even I don't use for same reason.

Really? So you are saying spring mattress is ok for back?

then i must be misinformed.

I did not understand is bonnel spring better or worse?

Nope, you are not. What you said is right. My bro has back problem & doctor advised him against spring mattress. And even I don't use for same reason.

Dude I have a herniated disc, my dad is in the Pharmaceutical Industry so he knows the best doctors in India and abroad.

And I can tell you after consulting with the orthopedists (spine) in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai, Hard Coir mattress being good for the back is a stupid myth.

Also there are some mattresses which advertise that they are orthopedic mattresses, do not go for them either as their is no Agency that actually checks those facts and no doctor in his right mind would approve it. Its just a marketing gimmick.

The only thing important is spine support. Hard mattresses can make it worse sometimes.

Choosing a mattress requires patience. You need to actually lie on a mattress for 10-20 minutes and see how your back feels after that. Any bed takes 20 minutes to adjust to the body of a person, it is not instant.

Just lying on it for a minute and then getting up is not going to tell you anything.

Do check out the foam mattress. Dad got one for the master bedroom. Costed some 35k last year. It's from sleepwell. When you sleep on it, it creates a depression in the mattress with your shape, and this way supports your body fully. After you get off of the bed the depression vanishes and the bed is back to normal. Both my mom and dad were picky about mattresses but this one seems to have soothed all the problems.

Those are memory foam mattresses. Only issue is that they tend to be hotter than the rest...

You can try tempurpedic mattresses as well. I am using once since the last 5 years or so and they are quite comfortable. In fact, I personally find them more comfortable than the regular foam, coir or spring mattresses. If you decide to go for them, take the pillows as well.

Also there are some mattresses which advertise that they are orthopedic mattresses, do not go for them either as their is no Agency that actually checks those facts and no doctor in his right mind would approve it. Its just a marketing gimmick.

The only thing important is spine support. Hard mattresses can make it worse sometimes.

Me and my dad always go to that Utsav exhibition that happens in Pune. Whenever we come across people selling mattresses "certified" for people with back problems, I feeling like smacking them right across their face
indifferent14.gif

Those are memory foam mattresses. Only issue is that they tend to be hotter than the rest...

My dad's room is quite cool without an AC, so maybe that's why he does not complain
tongu23e.gif

Thank you @mjumrani, @guptavis, @djmykey, @agupta02, @abhifusion, I really appreciate your kind-inputs.

Well, I really respect your opinions, but right now I'm in Bangalore, and here I found 2 more premium brands ie. Shoba Restoplus & Snoozer, and I really liked both over Sleepwell, Kurl-on and other traditional-ones. So can someone provide me better insights about these mattresses ??

I meant no-offense, but recently I did a market survey at my own, and felt-myself that these are better products than the regular brands.

I'm a neophyte, so I'm open to hear(inputs), if I'm wrong.
<

@mjumrani: Thanks once again, I'll sure consider your opinions.

@agupta02: I'll explore more about it. Can you share your experience(if-you-have) with it.

@abhifusion: hmmm, I know the comfort of memory-foam, and one I like was at 1,14,000/- from Magniflex...so thats out of my budget.
<

Back