Star Citizen - Discussion Thread

3 years later, here we are. No SQ42, no game, some tech demos and a hangar. For millions of dollars of backer money. Where is this game going? @Rickyk !!

Hi JC.

TBH, I had expected Squadron 42 to be out for Christmas this year. Sadly it wont.

When I bought the game myself (beginning of the Kickstarter), I had pretty much "assumed" that the game would take 3-4 years to complete.

Unfortunately, as the Kickstarter progressed, CR started adding more and more highly ambitious stretch goals, thereby extending the game way beyond its original scope and therein lies the problem.

No one has made a game with the complexity of SC - EVER.

Delays are pretty much inevitable when you take on a project of this magnitude. I think CR over committed with the result that CIG is struggling to deliver all CR said he would.

Plus, as there is no third party Pub demanding the game be released to a set time table, hes taking as long as he needs.

Will the game come out - IMO Definitely!

Will it be everything he promised it would be? That I cant say.

One thing I can tell you - it will be worth the price you paid for it - assuming you opted for a Basic Starter ship package with SQ42 thrown in like I did when it was offered at the start of the Kickstarter campaign.

IMO, SQ42 alone should justify the money you paid for the game at the time though personally, I'm more interested in the PU than SQ42.

All I can say is hang in there and use this opportunity to try and clear up your back log of pending games - I know you have one! :)

Cheers

Something tells me this game is going to be the biggest phantomware ever.

Circa 2014
So did I call it or what? :p

When I bought the game myself (beginning of the Kickstarter), I had pretty much "assumed" that the game would take 3-4 years to complete.

Unfortunately, as the Kickstarter progressed, CR started adding more and more highly ambitious stretch goals, thereby extending the game way beyond its original scope and therein lies the problem.

No one has made a game with the complexity of SC - EVER.
Oh come on, CR is spending resources on stupid stuff like a poop mechanic where the pilot has to make calls for bathroom runs. Not joking.

This isn't complexity any longer, this is a complete lack of focus.

Hi Wheels

IMO, I think SC Alpha 3 Public Release will give everyone a good idea on how SC development is getting along.

Personally, I still believe I will get far more value from the game I paid $35 (Rs. 2000 at the time) compared to AAA games one currently pays Rs.3500-5000 for that get boring within weeks.

I guess only time will tell...

Yeah, nobody feels gypped by them (except maybe those who invested thousands).
People are mostly just frustrated because there's still no game to get into.

Btw, are you playing Elite Dangerous? Never see you on Steam or B.net.

What happened with DNF and their obsession with perfection is similar to what's going on at CR.

They don't mean harm, they just aren't very well managed.

Haven't started Elite yet Wheels. Very rarely on Steam and never on Battlenet...[DOUBLEPOST=1509439696][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jc36 @saumilsingh

I thought this was pretty cool. Have a look its just 10 minutes long -

Last edited:
Yeah I saw the presentation. Reminded me of Trantor from Asimov's Foundation. Impressive, isolated bits of tech that will take god knows how long to put in a single, coherent game universe. Sometimes I think they should consider licensing out these techs to other devs for their own games. Facial tech to Bioware, ships to EA/Disney, FPS tech to Bethesda, planets to Blizzard etc etc. Might make some more money on the side.

Let's hope it doesn't turn into another NMS; 18 quintillion planets, but nothing to do.
Because massive planets are just the first layer, CR have yet to reveal the actual meat of the game.

About what @Jc36 said, CR should just offload the entire project to ActiBlizzion. They are the most efficient game dev in the industry right now, consistently putting out great games at an incredible pace.
Time to get shit done :p.

[/QUOTE]

Another tech demo of flying the ship from one spot to other, so to fool even more into buying their CITICON package at 1000USD only !!! :p Procedural generated city/planet/universe, Alien language :banghead:....blah blah blah.like wtf !!

At least No man's sky got released as full game and even received some updates later. Sean Murray will be proud ;)

^watched the video. such a bullshit self appreciation society. 5 year dev cycles is not acceptable no matter what. I wouldnt wait that long even for half life 3.

Back