Starting a forum...help needed

People are used to .com, so it will be a little beneficial in the long run. You may lose some traffic from returning visitors as they may type in .com. This is not much an issue, especially these days where people hardly type in domains, but use bookmarks etc.

As your site gets more popular, it will no longer be an issue. See speedtest.net for example. :)

In case you decide to sell the site someday, .com carry about 10 times more value as the same .net.

Keeping all this aside, if you're getting the name you want in .net, then by all means consider it.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

^thank you dude :) that was very helpful...

I think it is better to go with NookColorGuides.com and forum can be called as NCG Forums ;) and also nookguides.com is also available.

Bumpity Bump.

Still I am thinking on name. Someone said what if Barnes and Nobles discontinue Nook Color and start new device after a year or so ? Hence I am thinking of names with just Nook, not Nook Color, even if they launch new product, I can continue.

bumpity bump...still thinking for right name :)

One more query guys. I thought of using Blogspot with my own domain, so that I will be having 99% up time, but can I use same sub domain for forums ?

eg. Say I register nookcolor.com domain. I will use under blogspot for blog. Now can I use forum.nookcolor.com or nookcolor.com/forum for hosting forum in another webhosting ?

For blogspot you will have to use a subdomain eg blog.example.com. For forum you can use other subdomain eg forum.example.com.

Today I will be registering new domain, but I have to go with Whois protection, but from Google Adsense :

- You must provide accurate personal information with your application

that matches the information on your domain registration.

Back