State owned BSNL's 'competitive' broadband plans across India

This really is lip smacking...

BBG ULD 1199
2 Mbps - No FUP - True Unlimited Plan
Free Calls - Local + STD to any network.

Source
I have gone through the BBG ULD1199 plan details and as far I can see there is NO FUP limit at all, 2Mbps will the the download speed through out the month regardless of any usage.
Is this for real or am I missing any fine print? I plan to take this plan, currently on ULD1445 with 4Mbps upto 20 GB and 1Mbps post FUP. I have approximate 70to 80 GB monthly consumption.

I have gone through the BBG ULD1199 plan details and as far I can see there is NO FUP limit at all, 2Mbps will the the download speed through out the month regardless of any usage.
Is this for real or am I missing any fine print? I plan to take this plan, currently on ULD1445 with 4Mbps upto 20 GB and 1Mbps post FUP. I have approximate 70to 80 GB monthly consumption.

I got this plan immediately once it announced and shifted from ULD 1445 - Download speed is ok - Normal Download Speed shows at Windows Task Manger 1.8mbps but upload sucks - I upload 6 to 10 mins Youtube Video - Earlier plan ULD1445 I got 700 - 800 kbps but in this new plan 256 - 277 kbps shows by the same Windows Task manger.

For 2 min Full HD Video (size 292 MB to be exact) it gave me 5-6 hours of approx ETA - That Sucks. Frustrated and immediately switch to Free Jio 4G and upload that video in couple of mins at 8 mbps speed.

Though Free Calls is a great thingy - Say Good bye to costly intercom handsets & stuff.

Yet to receive the Bill.

@dissel
Thanks! I think I will switch to ULD1199, as upload is not much of a concern for me and anyways I getting around 30kBps of upload on ULD1445.
Did you change the plan through bsnl portal and in how many days switch took place?

Last edited:
@dissel
Thanks! I think I will switch to ULD1199, as upload is not much of a concern for me and anyways I getting around 30kbps of upload on ULD1445.
Did you change the plan through bsnl portal and in how many days switch took place?

I changed my plan by visiting at Local BSNL office - They provide a Simple Form - Filled Up details like Name / Land Line No / Current Plan / Which Plan I want to Migrate etc - Then they provide a Receipt, After asking they confirmed my plan change just now and they also instruct that , I need to go home and restart my modem.

The Whole matter took 10-15 mins time at the BSNL office.

You can get the plan changed by simply filing a handwritten application.

Mention the plan you want to opt for, along with the name of account holder. Mention the existing plan to be doubly sure, and make the relevant names/heading in BOLD. Lastly, make sure that you get a photocopy of this application stamped for your own records. They process these applications within 3 days as per my experience.

The first bill should come with pro rata based figures.

Switched to ULD1199 plan. Not getting more than 1.6mbps speed
Welcome to the world of BSNL. These guys are so moronic that they believe that line losses are customer's problem. It was a huge issue for me as in my village the local exchange was quite far away. When I asked them to increase the speeds to take into account the line losses, like other ISPs do, I was told that it isn't possible.
I am so happy that I found an alternative over here but most rural areas aren't that lucky.

Switched to ULD1199 plan. Not getting more than 1.6mbps speed
This sort of comments are the reason why I am not considering this plan. It's 2 mbps for god's sake, already slow and now if you have to cut from that, that's just ridiculous!

God, wish Alliance had stability like BSNL, wouldn't have to think about moving back to those unprofessional idiots then.

17553714_1231005896997020_678938744270926002_n.jpg

2Mbps.

The white elephant is being too much partial for new customers. Using dataone for may be for decade and still such new plans are not applicable for old customers. Whats use of being their customers when they havent increased their FUP speed much for many years. Only recently they increased it to 1mbps post FUP that too may be because of no choice probably.

I think we should just dump BSNL and go with Jio Prime 499 or 999 plan at least in Tier II and Tier III towns where Jio speeds are pretty good.

Looks like a good plan, and works out quite cheap too! 10GB per day is more than enough..Only the speed (2Mbps) is a bit slow after experiencing 8Mbps most of the time these days.. Btw, is it still unlimited beyond 10GB with lowered speeds?

Back