Audio Static noise in F&D F203G 2.1ch

imkaush

Adept
Hello guys...

I own this speaker set since approx. two years...it was working perfectly... :)

I am using the on-board audio ports and no separate audio cards.

Since last two days, I hear a static noise from the two speakers...here's my analysis:

1. The noise starts when I plug it in to my PC(reassembled last week after cleaning) with the PC being ON/OFF/Disconnected from mains. I had an issue of static electric charge in my mobo/cabinet that caused no display signal to the LCD, but it is resolved now by using a 3-pin plug with the PSU.

2. But there's no noise audible in my Sennheiser-HD202 headphones in both front and back PC audio ports with the PC being ON.

3. There is no noise when the speakers are plugged in to my mobile.

4. The noise volume increases/decreases with the increase/decrease in volume knob.

My PC config:
AMD Phenom II X4 B50
ASUS M4A88T-M LE
2x2GB RAM
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB-GDDR3
FSP SAGA II 400W
500GB WD Green + 80GB Seagate Barracuda
AOC 716Sw 17" LCD

Thanks in advance!!! :)

On googling, discovered that this could be due to separate/offset grounds...was about to try this....

But since yesterday, the noise has disappeared... :D:cool:

Mods can close this thread...

Hey guys, I found the cause of the noise....so thought of sharing it....

I have a LED Strip light(Mood Light :rolleyes: ) in my drawing room.... recently, whenever it is ON and we are watching the TV, there is disturbance/noise in the TV audio/video:shifty: ...so we make sure to turn the LEDs OFF (and using the normal tube-light) while watching TV:watching: ....

Discovered today that this is the rootcause of the noise in the speakers also....o_O:wtf: :eek: :dead:

Will check myself/get it checked by an electrician...phew!

I had faced similar problem with my soundbar . Whenever the electric induction coocker was on in the kitchen there used to be static in my speakers .

Back