Steam now accepts Indian debit cards and e-wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jc36

Adept
R8O1ws7.jpg

About time!

Many people had SBI debit cards which did not use to work, and some other non international debit cards as well. I think those should work now. There wasn't any announcement from Steam so no way to know exactly.

Most of games on G2A are global keys, so you cannot get benifits of region based pricing, except for origin.

PS I have read that , sellers on G2A(not everyone) get those keys through shady practices, i.e. devs don't get paid for it.

PS I have read that , sellers on G2A(not everyone) get those keys through shady practices, i.e. devs don't get paid for it.

G2A is basically a market place for third party sellers. Most of these sellers are re-selling the keys acquired through giveaways, reviews or bundles. Some of the indie developers have already confirmed this but are unable to blacklist them since it will impact genuine users as well. There is also the possibility that you may be scammed after making the payment unless you use the G2A protection or whatever it's called. Even then, to avail the protection you have to allow those people remote access to your PC so that they can verify that you haven't redeemed the key.

I made only a single purchase a few years back for a 6-month Norton key that ended up having about 160 days left. I haven't gone back to that site ever again. It is nothing less than an illicit operation that is thriving because of lack of transparency. There is simply no excuse for not buying from Steam any more with their INR pricing. In most cases you just have to wait 3-4 months to get 50% off on the already low Indian price.

I too was advised against buying from G2A and I followed it.

Though the prices are less but delivering them or not is an issue.

So I never bought from them.

Steam is always better. Though some games might be only GOG, Microsoft or Origin exclusive, they will eventually will be sold in Steam.

I will wait until such time.

G2A is basically a market place for third party sellers. Most of these sellers are re-selling the keys acquired through giveaways, reviews or bundles. Some of the indie developers have already confirmed this but are unable to blacklist them since it will impact genuine users as well. There is also the possibility that you may be scammed after making the payment unless you use the G2A protection or whatever it's called. Even then, to avail the protection you have to allow those people remote access to your PC so that they can verify that you haven't redeemed the key.

I made only a single purchase a few years back for a 6-month Norton key that ended up having about 160 days left. I haven't gone back to that site ever again. It is nothing less than an illicit operation that is thriving because of lack of transparency. There is simply no excuse for not buying from Steam any more with their INR pricing. In most cases you just have to wait 3-4 months to get 50% off on the already low Indian price.
Yup, apart from activision and ubi(some titles) most games are priced ideally considering the value of rupee. Also I love how steam offers the same discount worldwide independent of that pricing model.
And refund is god sent featured. I got refund for like around 7 games because of lack of quality, server issues etc. And the only warning I got from them was to check for hardware compatibility and reviews before purchasing. But I got refund if the game failed in either case

Is there any place in Mumbai where we can get the steam game files so we don't have to download them. Certain games are as large as 50gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back