Audio Step up from M50

haya84

Recruit
Having fun with M50 more than year by now and I am in the market for a step up from M50. Do suggest HPs !
Now I have audio-gd NFB 10 DAC. I have Ultrasone pro 900 in my mind also I don't what to jump to top of the line HP now !
Thanks in advance.

Actually I am looking for better mids and soundstage. 990s open up another whole new chapter about the impedance pro, 32, 250, 600:huh:

Beyer 990 32ohm is a really good option, the 880 is slightly warmer than the 990. So if you want to go beyers, these two can be considered. I am thinking of getting a beyer 880 600ohms version for myself.

The 990 and the ultrasome 900 are bassy. Biggest difference to me was the treble. The 990 treble can be really harsh to some ears. Atleast for me, i couldnt keep em on for more than 15 mins. Specially the 32 ohms version..

The ultrasone hfi-900 is truely one of the best gear that i have ever heard. But its bassy. I mean the thundering types but it doesnt roll off or interfere with the mids, treble, vocals.... Have my eyes on them since a while but they dont drop below 300$ and a bit out of my budget at the moment. Hence have been considering the d-2000.

Anyways, Both need a good source and some amping. The 900's need a very good source and if ur music or movie recording is poor, dont buy these. They are merciless towards poor recordings.

A minor step-up would be srh-840, 25hd-2 senn, ath ad-900, senn hd-595, 598. All depends on your taste of sound// (all will need amping)

Consider Denon AH-D2000 , Audio Technica ATH-A900 . Find both of them pretty similar in terms of sound signature & quality . A900 provides superior comfort :).

Beyerdynamics DT 770 /880 / 990 etc would also be good choices . Havent tried them so cant comment much . I dont think Shure SRH840 would be a huge upgrade from M50 .

If you feel lying trying out open cans , consider Grado SR225i . A different taste of midrange & treble power altogether with tight / punchy bass :)

Back