Storage Solutions Storage Centralization

satan a

Disciple
Hi guys i wanted all my media to be centralized because i hav to acess all my media from an device phone, tablet,comp etc.My compostion will be mainly of movies i hav a comp in my living room so i can stream media.So wht do u suggest guys suggest a nas , net work drive or anything else. I hav 100mpbs cable route so should i get a gigabite switch or this will work. I need 1tb of storage.Budget 12k inluding HDD

I have a homenas setup around ur budget... Got a low powered amd processor motherboard combo, a good psu, a 1tb hard drive for starts and a mini itx case...

Mainly for storage, torrent download rig and streaming over wifi (since i do not have my home wired with ethernet)... Able to stream 720p videos on wifi, to my desktop, laptop, tv and plethora of mobile devices....

This uses about 40w power, which is lesser than that of a regular tubelight....

And it runs in Windows server 2012, with plex for media streaming... You can choose any open source NAS software, but i chose windows server, as all my home computers run windows, and its easily compatible with other OS... Also if you attach a monitor and keyboard mouse, it becomes an additional capable windows device for basic computing in some hypothetical emergency situation :D

Prebuilt NAS consume even less power, but lack expandability, OS choices, and options for cool mini itx cases :p

Last edited:
Back