Storage Solutions Streaming device?

satan a

Disciple
Hi guys,
I hav lot of movies, music n videos on main pc. so if i want stream then to my lappy or phone or tablet i hav to keep my pc which is a waste of power plus i download lot of torrents. So suggest me nas or some storage solutions which can stream content n support torrent downloadin. Budget under 10k

As for the NAS devices - we have two types - SATA and USB ones. The SATA ones have a SATA port for connecting one 2.5"/3.5" HDD while the USB ones have upto 4 USB ports for connecting upto 4HDDs.

SATA devices

GoFlex Net, 2x 2.5" SATA drive slots, one USB port for printer/usb device, can be expanded using hub.
GoFlex Home, 1x2.5"/3.5" drive slot, one USB port similar as above.
WD myBook, 1x3.5" SATA slot, no USB.

USB devices

Seagate Dockstar - Old, but a decent device. Needs lots of config. 4USB ports
Pogoplug P02 - 4USB ports, easier compared to dockstar, but has issues too apparently. One model comes with a SATA port - but no power.

For your budget of 10K - would suggest the GoFlex Home with a 2TB - should come to 10K approx.

Another person who could help - @dinjo

Another point - if you have a drive to spare - then go for the GoFlex Home and buy a Raspberry Pi or Android stick to watch movies on a TV without needing to watch on the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have using my tablet to stream my movies from my Pogo using Minidlna had no problems at all yet everything works.

Back