Streaming service 'Hooq' launched in India at Rs. 199/month

Do you think, Users will choose this Service over piracy?

• Yeaaap!

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • No yar, Torrents hai na!

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am pretty okay with the service to catchup on random movies. its 226 bucks and while the tv series are a bit outdated ( to be updated in terms of latest seasons)
but pretty decent experience so far

Meh. Its 226 a month after taxes. The TV show collection is laughable.

This is the 'high' quality

hSPzjUu.jpg
What is your internet speed?

I am on the free trial for 7 days and tried to watch some movies and mostly it tells me its not there on the free trial -.-

A bit OT, but what's the best music streaming service in India? For English music.
If you want most number of tracks, Apple Music - Rs. 120 pm with 3 months trial. Saavn has free and paid models but their English tracks are limited to the mostly popular ones. Sadly Rdio shut down last month :( Soundcloud is also available in India if you prefer indie and unknown music.

i am pretty okay with the service to catchup on random movies. its 226 bucks and while the tv series are a bit outdated ( to be updated in terms of latest seasons)
but pretty decent experience so far

What level of censorship (language) exists? Is it like normal tv where even stuff like "boobs" are muted?

I signed up for a 2 week trial. Played 15 minutes of 2-3 films and immediately quit. The quality on high is absolute garbage. Its like a 240p video. Not a speed issue either, I am on 5 MBPS and I can easily stream 720p content without breaking a sweat. Netflix, youtube, twitch all (even on medium quality) look a generation ahead of hooq on High.

I read some where Netflix is launching for 500/- . Hooq sucks man, content and quality both are a decade old.

Last edited:
Back