Budget 0-20k Sub 10-15K PC for pharmacy billing with minimal space

1. What is your budget?
    • 10-15k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • planning for a thin client or less space occupying build
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not much upgrade for another 10 years. It will be running only one pharmacy billing and stock software.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • local
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Commerical - Pharmacy Billing and Stock Maintanence
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • no
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • no
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 720p might do
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • no
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

I think it doesnt need much , i have seen some 5 year old system running it. You know its just a simple software.. not much i think. I havent contacted any software guy though..

I think a 4gb ram with 250GB HDD a decent CPU would do without much fancy other stuffs. like usb 3.0 etc
Post automatically merged:

First i thought i will go wtih all in one pc , but then i thought , with the same amount i can get a better value for money pc.. CMIIW

First i thought i will go wtih all in one pc , but then i thought , with the same amount i can get a better value for money pc.. CMII

You will get a better PC, but it will take much more power to run compared to an all in one pc. If you run the pc for 12 hours a day or more, your electric bill will be much more compared to a laptop or NUC. Just the PSU on the desktop PC will take 200+ watts compared to 65W of laptop or even less on an all in one.

I think someone is selling an NUC i3 here. More than enough for your needs and can easily be attached to the back of a monitor with the included bracket.

In that 15k range, even those small Intel Pentium laptops would suffice probably.

Laptops will do but its keyboard wont stand a chance against harsh use..

NUC might be a better option .. does it have a network port ?
NUC has a gigabit port. Does not come with monitor but it has vga and hdmi port output to connect to TV. If you don't have a tv or monitor then just spending 15k on NUC will blow your budget.

Couple of months back bought something similar from the local shop. Using it in my friend's provision store for billing purpose. Assembled locally. The price was somewhere similar as quoted by the seller in Amazon for this full setup.

NUC has a gigabit port. Does not come with monitor but it has vga and hdmi port output to connect to TV. If you don't have a tv or monitor then just spending 15k on NUC will blow your budget.

True.. I cant afford much .. Actually now i have to get two systems , one for lab and pharmacy..

Couple of months back bought something similar from the local shop. Using it in my friend's provision store for billing purpose. Assembled locally. The price was somewhere similar as quoted by the seller in Amazon for this full setup.

Thanks. I think i will ask for a mini atx to save space.. is there any downside ?

Also Is it possible to have one powerful system which can be used in two places , like some virtual clients ?

ONE CPU - 2 montior , 2 KB , mouse and 2 printers..

can this work or needs more networking etc ?

Also suggest some good KB and mouse for rough use.

True.. I cant afford much .. Actually now i have to get two systems , one for lab and pharmacy..

Thanks. I think i will ask for a mini atx to save space.. is there any downside ?

Also Is it possible to have one powerful system which can be used in two places , like some virtual clients ?

@vivek.krishnan might be able to clear your doubt

guys any update ?

Can someone atlezast tell me the system specs which i should be expecting for this price range ? Also how about assembling myself ?

You can get an idea of computer item prices for computer parts on mdcomputers.in, primeabgb.com and amazon india. There are a lot of assembled pc's selling for around 8 to 10k on amazon.

Ask local computer shops if you can get 2 assembled pcs with monitors etc in 15k.

One computer, 2 monitors etc - that is called thin client. You can read more about it here:

You can get an idea of computer item prices for computer parts on mdcomputers.in, primeabgb.com and amazon india. There are a lot of assembled pc's selling for around 8 to 10k on amazon.

Ask local computer shops if you can get 2 assembled pcs with monitors etc in 15k.

One computer, 2 monitors etc - that is called thin client. You can read more about it here:

Thanks for your reply.

I thought amazon items will be a bit costly than the local counterpart , thats why i asked the basic config i should be looking for..

As for thin client , will it be cost effective or would cost more for server etc ? Also will it be up-gradable later on ?

Second hand NUC should work.

any good place to look for , i tried our market place , couldnt find much.

@Naveen_Reloaded

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/asus-x551m-laptop-for-sale.189876/

any good place to look for , i tried our market place , couldnt find much.

I think these fits your bill and usage. For NUC, you may need to get SSD/HDD as well.

As for thin client , will it be cost effective or would cost more for server etc ? Also will it be up-gradable later on ?

I dont have much knowledge on thin clients. I had learnt about it 22+ years back during Novell Netware days.

If you tell us what software you're going to run on it maybe we can give better and cheaper hardware info too. If its strictly running windows, then just buy one of those cheap laptops / desktop and run an rdp server on it. For the thin client, if your software can run on some low end setup like raspberry pi (debian os) then you could get one of those for the terminal pc and connect to windows laptop through rdp. Raspberry pi is like 3500 rupees but without monitor etc. You can't upgrade it part by part since its just a single board. It was made cheap as possible to dispose after few years use.

Thin client os license for the raspberry pi and intel nuc is very cheap. Free demo for 30 days.

Another rpi client but too costly.

Last edited:

Yes, you can setup thin clients and save on cost. But it will come back to bit your a** later on.

Sending you my details, will help with this.

I would suggest to get used systems.

Back