Suggesstions/Opinions: Samsung i5700 or i7500

Hi,
Just met a old frd after a long time, he had a i7500, was totally impressed with the phone, great screen, running Android 1.5, have never seen a capacitive touch screen before so really like the screen response...
All this for just 15-16k, tried to do my research on the phone, found that there's i5700, which it seems will be getting Android 2.0, also it has a 800 MHz proc compared to the 528 MHz in i7500
Just need some suggestion as to which one is better
Thanks

Samsung Galaxy SPICA i5700 is a superb phone. Complete VFM - 800MHz processor + capacitve touch + 3.2MP Camera + 3.2" + Storage upto 32GB+ Supports xvid/divx files + and not to mention its an ANDRIOD phone.

Its for 12450 INR in ebay. The phone is far better than 5800 IMO.:eek:hyeah:

akshay7g said:
Samsung Galaxy SPICA i5700 is a superb phone. Complete VFM - 800MHz processor + capacitve touch + 3.2MP Camera + 3.2" + Storage upto 32GB+ Supports xvid/divx files + and not to mention its an ANDRIOD phone.
Its for 12450 INR in ebay. The phone is far better than 5800 IMO.:eek:hyeah:

It may be 12k on eBay but what os the actual retail price?

i couldn't see the ram that this phone has because if it's 256 mb then it's a cracker of a deal. will get one myself but if it's 128 it's a no go as phones with 128 mb ram are known to have issues with android 2.0

I am looking to buy the Galaxy Spica this week.. I hear Spica will be getting a 2.1 Android upgrade soon.. is a 128 MB RAM a deal breaker?.. I dont understand the impact, does it leave too little memory for installing apps or does it just slow the phone down?.. also I hear as of now Android apps can only be installed on internal memory and Spica has only 200 MB internal memory.. is this a problem?.. roughly how many apps can be installed within this memory? the battery quoted is an impressive 1500 mAH.. but I hear from its predecessor 7500 reviews that it was pretty bad.. is the battery problem resolved in Spica?

overall given its attractive pricing, is it still worth the deal? plzzz answer these queries as I need to decide soon..

@m.a. ur first hand review is eagerly awaited.. tht may jst be the clincher to my dilemma!

well the only issues i have heard of is sluggishness...and that is kinda deal breaker for me...if it doesnt bother you then for sure it's an impressive piece of hardware...

never_say_never said:
I am looking to buy the Galaxy Spica this week.. I hear Spica will be getting a 2.1 Android upgrade soon.. is a 128 MB RAM a deal breaker?.. I dont understand the impact, does it leave too little memory for installing apps or does it just slow the phone down?..

In simple terms, it affects multi-tasking but then a 800 MHz may cover up for it! My G1 with 192 MB RAM has about 40 MB free when I am on eclair(2.1), so it would be interesting to see how 2.1 would perform on 128 MB!

Installation of apps on SD Card is allowed via a hack ;) So dont worry about the number of apps you would be able to install on this!

i bought'ed' it!

Things I wanted:

Android, 800 mhz processor, LARGE sensitive AMOLED capacitive screen, multitouch (in the new 2.1 that is being launched soon), push mail, accelerometer, open source (which means one thing: APPS), 1500 MAh battery, 3G.

I was willing to spend 35 k on the phone (which meant the Nexus or the Milestone) but I saw the deal of the week on Ebay. AND I DIDN'T THINK even ONCE.

The 'SPICA' is all I need (this time around and for now)

Only thing missing is radio and LED alerts for different events. I would have also loved 128 MB of RAM more. But then, 12.5 k for this phone AND a free Photo frame. HUH? Was I even ALLOWED to think? NO.

Spica coming soon.... (only show-off section. I HATE writing reviews)

Here's the processor powering this fantastically powerful phone

SAMSUNG's Digital World

The Samsung Galaxy Spica runs the Cupcake version of Android (v1.5) and it trades away a few things it's big brother, the Samsung I7500 Galaxy, had. Namely, the screen is the same size and resolution, though it's TFT instead of AMOLED, the 8GB built-in storage is gone (though the I5700 supports up to 32GB microSD cards), the camera has been bumped down to 3-megapixels (down from 5), and the 3G connectivity is a tad more limited - dual-band 3G with up to 3.6Mbps.

source: GSM-arena

If it really has AMOLED screen, then i would rate it the best phone under 20k :D

Back