Laptops Suggest a 8GB RAM for Macbook pro

I have about 4 year old Macbook Pro (late 2011 model) which came with 2x2GB RAM. I am planning to upgrade the RAM by replacing one 2GB RAM with 8GB. Please suggest a compatible RAM and cheapest online deal available for the same.

I have replaced RAM for windows laptops earlier. Is there any special things I should know before I replace Macbook Pro RAM?

First, just open your case, see what RAM is being used - take a photo, etc - google it, and buy RAM with similar specs. At the same time, add an SSD.

In fact, if my guess is correct, you can spend about 11K for original Apple RAM or about the same (or even lesser) for Kingston 8GB + Sandisk 250 GB SSD

I don't plan to go for Apple original RAM for obvious reasons. The RAM currently being used in DDR3 2GB sticks 1333MHz frequency. Can I use 16000MHz as replacement? Should I use only Apple certified RAMs or others can also be used?

I have Mac Book Pro Early 2011 i used the cheapest transcend ram http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-8GB-...&qid=1449811790&sr=8-7&keywords=transcend+ram confirm the frequency of your ram. Mine uses 1333 so i got this ram

There is no special thing for mac. For convince watch the youtube videos and get the good screwdriver. Because i read that few people had trouble opening lid of mac book pro with their screwdriver. Mine worked fine so i never needed to research on that topic

The same Transcend RAM should work for my late 2011 model as well. The screws are very small. What type of screwdriver do I need?

Will also check YouTube videos to make myself familiar with the process.

You'll need a Philips #00 Screwdriver for the back. It's super simple. If you're wary, just go through the iFixit guides for reference. Just make sure your ram the same speed as your current model.

With regards to "Apple Certified" or not, your milage may vary. I used a non-certified Transcend earlier on my MBP and gave me kernel panics, and since its my work machine, I couldn't take a risk. Shifted to a G-Skill mac certified one and have been free. But then again, it might have just been a bad RAM stick.

As long as you get the same spec ram as your current MBP, you'll be fine.

Back