Budget 71-90K Suggest a build for Adobe After effects, Maya, blender ,etc

BullyGoy

Recruit
  1. What is your budget :- 80K Rupees
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model):- Building a PC from scratch .
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model):- None.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, this is my fianl configuration unless you guys recommend something else .
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer) :- Online
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Animation
    • Rendering
    • Gaming
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Not really, but I prefer AMD where CPU and GPU are considered nowadays .
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • The Witcher 3
    • GTA 5
    • Dirt Rally
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage :- 1920 * 1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock? :- Ram yes, CPU mostly no as ryzen OC'S pretty well automatically.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
    • Linux Manjaro

Also, this is the build suggested by my MAAC guys :-

Intel Core i7-7700
Asus Prime h270 Pro
8 gb ram
and a GT 1030 2 gb.......

My friend does not want to build a ryzen pc of the equivalent budget but instead wants to go with the MAAC one, he will be monitoring this thread, so please can you explain in layman's terms why my build is superior to the one mentioned by the maac guys .

Hi BullyGoy,
I would suggest you to add in a cache drive(SSD) or also use the boot drive as cache drive. This will help in loading your files faster. The sustained transfer rate of ST2000DM005 is about 190MB/S in practice it is much lower, so when you load large files it is going to be not enough. If you want to stick with Segate I would suggest ST2000DM008 model but it is very costly indeed.

Reference : https://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/3-5-barracudaDS1900-11-1806US-en_US.pdf

Regards
B.Life

Skip the harddisk for anything except pure storage. Even cheapest 1tb ssd will be far better than the hdd

Mostly Nvidia GPUs are better with Adobe products. Check some videos out on the same.

GTX 1660 costs about the same as RX580, and performs better
Better pick GPU from ASUS or Zotac.
FYI - Since you're shelling a lot of money on mid range board, I am saying this. Gigabyte B450 boards run hotter (or probably the hottest of the lot) under load.
If price difference isn't much you can go for 3200mhz memory sticks.
Instead of WD Green, you can go for better SSD. Crucial MX or Samsung 860Evo

Skip the harddisk for anything except pure storage. Even cheapest 1tb ssd will be far better than the hdd

Mostly Nvidia GPUs are better with Adobe products. Check some videos out on the same.

SSD for the bootdrive and the HDD is only for storage .

Thanks as someone said, I might look into 1660Ti.

Edit:- I meant the 1660.

Hi BullyGoy,
I would suggest you to add in a cache drive(SSD) or also use the boot drive as cache drive. This will help in loading your files faster. The sustained transfer rate of ST2000DM005 is about 190MB/S in practice it is much lower, so when you load large files it is going to be not enough. If you want to stick with Segate I would suggest ST2000DM008 model but it is very costly indeed.

Reference : https://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/3-5-barracudaDS1900-11-1806US-en_US.pdf

Regards
B.Life

I am changing the boot drive to samsung 860 evo :- https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-500GB...ateway&sprefix=samsung+860+evo,aps,273&sr=8-3

and getting a WD 1 tb hardisk :- https://www.amazon.in/Western-Digit...=gateway&sprefix=internal+hard,aps,272&sr=8-1

GTX 1660 costs about the same as RX580, and performs better
Better pick GPU from ASUS or Zotac.
FYI - Since you're shelling a lot of money on mid range board, I am saying this. Gigabyte B450 boards run hotter (or probably the hottest of the lot) under load.
If price difference isn't much you can go for 3200mhz memory sticks.
Instead of WD Green, you can go for better SSD. Crucial MX or Samsung 860Evo

Will look into the 1660, the ASUS one looks good, but still I cant find credible videos on adobe products for RX 580 vs 1660.
3000 Mhz to 3200 scaling is almost negligible when I looked up some videos .
Going to get a samsung 860 evo 500 gb ssd .
And yes, the motherboard I chose does get pretty hot under load as I saw in hardware unboxed's video, I think this is a good pick :- https://mdcomputers.in/msi-x470-gaming-pro.html
Although it requires a bios update to support the latest gen cpus, but I think I will contact mdcomputers and ask them if they will flash the bios to supoort AMD 3600 .

Hey guys, please also point out how the build MAAC has suggested is, well just give your opinion .

Last edited:
your AMD 3600 config will run circles around the config the MAAC guys suggested.

Closest competitor to the Ryzen 3600 is the i7-8700 but is a lot more costly than the Ryzen 3600.

Last edited:
May be they have suggested Intel as some of the applications are optimized for Intel. But 7th Gen? That's pathetic.

It's Intel stuff released about 3 years back. AMD have came a long way!
I know right ;)

your AMD 3600 config will run circles around the config the MAAC guys suggested.

Closest competitor to the Ryzen 3600 is the i7-8700 but is a lot more costly than the Ryzen 3600.

I mean even if the performance is close, intel has shit stock coolers, AMD's coolers are comparatively really good and you can OC without having to worry about your rig going poof, even though it may be louder than some aftermarket coolers.

May be they have suggested Intel as some of the applications are optimized for Intel. But 7th Gen? That's pathetic.

Nobody in their right mind should buy a 9th gen i7, I mean the thing doesn't even have hyperthreading and is way too expensive . Ryzen completely wipes the floor were productivity tasks are concerned, so recommending a 3 year old i7-7700 ridden with meltdown and spectre vulnerabilities is just a no go.

AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -91K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -12.7k (vedant computers)
Graphics Card -Galax GTX 1660 6GB -16k (vedant computers)
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB DDR4 (8GBx2) -7.5k (primeabgb.com)
SSD -Intel 660P 500GB M.2 SSD -4.3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwtts Gold Pro 550w -5.5k
Cabinet -Antec DF500 RGB -4.5k
Monitor -Samsung 27 inch Curved Full HD (LC27F591FDWXXL) -18.3k (vedant computers)
KB & Mouse Combo -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L RGB -4.2k (primeabgb.com)
Case Fan -Cooler Master Masterfan MF120L RGB -1k
Total -91k

AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -91K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -12.7k (vedant computers)
Graphics Card -Galax GTX 1660 6GB -16k (vedant computers)
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB DDR4 (8GBx2) -7.5k (primeabgb.com)
SSD -Intel 660P 500GB M.2 SSD -4.3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwtts Gold Pro 550w -5.5k
Cabinet -Antec DF500 RGB -4.5k
Monitor -Samsung 27 inch Curved Full HD (LC27F591FDWXXL) -18.3k (vedant computers)
KB & Mouse Combo -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L RGB -4.2k (primeabgb.com)
Case Fan -Cooler Master Masterfan MF120L RGB -1k
Total -91k

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I almost had the same build in my mind except the mobo, cabinet and monitor.
I think I have to go with the msi x470, as it's only 500 rupees more than the b450, I know it's overkill for the 3600, but why not :p - https://mdcomputers.in/msi-x470-gaming-pro.html
The monitor is tad bit expensive for my taste, so I think I will go with my initial freesync choice.
I' am a bit torn between the cabinets, so I think I might just go with yours as it looks cooler.
Will update with my final rig :)

Back