Budget 10-15K suggest a cheap phone for gaming or should i buy an ipod 5th gen?

hgps

Disciple
max budget 12k MAX [sub 10k phone if possible, budget is tight]

I need something just to play GTA san andreas while traveling :p I'm not a hardcore gamer and i never play games on phones so other games doesn't matter as of now.

Which one is a better choice for gaming? a cheap phones from mmx, xolo, gionee etc. or an itouch 5th gen ?

If a phone is a better choice, please suggest one that'll last atleast 1.5 years and supports USB OTG to connect DS3 controller for gaming.

optional requirements : high res. screen, good camera, good battery life

EDIT:
1. Budget?
A: 12k max [10k or less preferd]
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: any
3. Preferred display type?
A: 4" with atleast WVGA
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: strong dislike for samsung.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5mp or more
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: gaming.
10. Any other requirements?
A: optional requirements: high res. screen, good battery life.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: none

Last edited:
Won't you need something at least 5 inch of screen size to play an immersive game like GTA? iPOD will be 4 inch and Android phones at that price point won't give you a decent enough experience. IMO, if you go for a used Nexus 7 (2013), or a similar tab, you will have much better experience.

Won't you need something at least 5 inch of screen size to play an immersive game like GTA? iPOD will be 4 inch and Android phones at that price point won't give you a decent enough experience. IMO, if you go for a used Nexus 7 (2013), or a similar tab, you will have much better experience.

I can't carry a tab with me :(

Why not a Moto G?
Ticks all Boxes, has great battery life. Performance is great.
It might even serve you as a backup phone, in case you need one :)
BTW I am a Moto G user, so I can vouch for this device! 8Gb will cost just 12.5K and for gaming, it is great.
I have 16Gb and after installing most of my apps, i still have 10GB free.

I can't carry a tab with me :(

You can buy Moto G 8 GB dual SIM for Rs. 12499 - or wait for Moto G 8 GB Single SIM launch in India, which should be cheaper, or import the GSM version if someone is coming from US. However, not sure if it can run GTA properly, most likely not given it's a Snapdragon 400.

For running the game lag free on Android and inside your budget, your best bet would be to get a used last year flagship.

Last edited:
Moto G's processor is not the best one, and though its more than enough for all casual needs, it would definitely fall short in gaming.

I'd recommend go for Snapdragon 600 or a Tegra 3 phone - that will fit your budget.
The brand is upto you to decide, but the processor should provide you enough horsepower to breeze through all the demanding games.
Good luck!

i'm not a hardcore gamer. buying just to play gta3, gta vc, and san andreas while travelling.
also i'd prefer a phone with 4" display as 4.5 or 5" is too big for my pocket and i feel difficulty operating them with one hand.

is there any phone with 4" display which'd run above mentioned games smoothly?

Back