Suggest a decent Blood Glucose meter

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Suggest me a fairly decent Glucose meter available in India. Note that my issue is not High glucose, but low glucose and the meter should be able to measure the low readings decently.

I know these are nowhere close to being accurate at all, but I want to periodically monitor my glucose and I see no other way.

Suggest me a fairly decent Glucose meter available in India. Note that my issue is not High glucose, but low glucose and the meter should be able to measure the low readings decently.

I know these are nowhere close to being accurate at all, but I want to periodically monitor my glucose and I see no other way.
Glucometers are only indicative and that too in the normal range. That is they go haywire below 90 and above 200ish. You will only get an idea if its normal, low or high. Above 250 i've seen differences of 100points too.[DOUBLEPOST=1538468315][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Accucheck Active is one of the most popular ones and the strips are widely available. (availability is the issue with these things, else plenty of models.) Buy on paytm for huge cashback.

Last edited:
Have been using Accucheck and One Touch Select. Having used both Accucheck is more accurate than One touch select. However, there is always a difference of 10 to 40 mg/dL. Difference is more in One Touch.

Been using Bayer Contour TS since 2 years.
I found it most accurate among the lot, plus the actual testing procedure is easier than accucheck.

p.s - been checking high sugar levels (nearly same as lab result), not sure about low sugar level accuracy.

Yes, looks the Contour series are the most accurate meters. Particularly, the Contour Pro.

Also it works with the smallest of blood droplet ; Also others require you to drop blood on to the device during the testing procedure and for contour, you just need to touch the strip with the droplet.

p.s- Don't work in Bayer nor am I associated with them. Just a happy user.

I finally ordered the Contour Plus on Amazon, but was sent the newer Contour Plus One which also uses the same Contour Plus strips, but has some additional features like BT connectivity, tracking though mobile app etc.

Link to the one you ordered please.
I have 2 Accu Checks at home and they have gone berserk after not being used for a while. One's display doesn't want to switch on unless I insert the strip and the other one doesn't switch on at all. Both give erratic readings.

Back