suggest a DISCMAN!

Sanav3

Adept
hello ppl
last year i had a chance to get a discman from states and i got myself a cheap 15$ Curtis mp3 player, it works just abt ok wid no bass boast, no EQ and probs wid reading some mp3's and no CD-RW support...:(

so now its time again for me to get myself a good branded mp3 Discman....

hav thought of Sony and Panasonic....really cant decide which ones better..budget 60-80 $..
some reviews on net suggest tht sony's sound distorts at high levels, panasonic being better

Sony one i loved....about 80 $ but i cant find any reviews and cant find da wheres da jog dial , supposed to be presen tfor easy file navigation...
DNE520BLACK

Sony all Models

Panasonic all Models

plz help me decide to select a good one....

why not get a good mp3 player itself ? or is there any particular reason for buying a discman ?

bottle said:
why not get a good mp3 player itself ? or is there any particular reason for buying a discman ?
i would be off to mysore as i will be joining Infosys in few months, so i m assuming no access to a computer atleast for 7-8 months, till i get da amount of money to afford a good laptop...so a mp3 player wud be useless...
so a discman is my best bet...

fundusanju said:
i would be off to mysore as i will be joining Infosys in few months, so i m assuming no access to a computer atleast for 7-8 months, till i get da amount of money to afford a good laptop...so a mp3 player wud be useless...
so a discman is my best bet...

go for a sony then . have used 3 of them and all havent yet failed to impress me ;)

If you just want good mp3 then buy one and skip buying discman, but if you still want Discman ......

On mp3 front panasonic makes better cd-mp3 players than sony due to lot of historical reason.

Sony is still worth it if (1) You are not really a audiophile (2) If you want "status" value since sony is percived to make better products in india.

Also note that if you have original CD's then go for Sony with ATRAC3 Support. mp3 does not even come close to atrac3 in quality

ppl...
the panasonic one is 2 sexy and seems 2 be fragile...
the sony one is bulkier, dosent hav LCD on remote but has radio....

so confused....just woried abt the panasonic one being 2 delicate....
but i dont think anyone out here wud hav it....so hav to tell me sister in states to check them out in a store and then buy the appropiate one....
anyways thx a lot guys....will bump this thread up when i get da discman, thts abt a month

TechHead said:
Alpha, at Irla in Vile Parle.
That's a good shop. They have both sony and panasonic models.
You can check out the slim panasonic models there, they are very sex .. but usually have special "flat" battery with a external regular battery adapter.

m31 said:
That's a good shop. They have both sony and panasonic models.
You can check out the slim panasonic models there, they are very sex .. but usually have special "flat" battery with a external regular battery adapter.

So does the D-NE9 ;)

Back