Suggest a Front Load washer for 20-25K

CR report on which brands make the most reliable appliances in the US market. Can we transpose to the Indian market ? Perhaps...

Attaching report in case the above link fails in the future

There are many ways to assess a manufacturer’s reputation for reliability—personal experience, word of mouth, marketing. But nothing beats real-world data. That’s why Consumer Reports is rolling out our first-ever Appliance Brand Reliability Rankings.

In the chart at right, you can see at a glance how reliable one brand is relative to another across multiple appliances.

The results are based on data CR collected from our members on more than 381,000 kitchen and laundry appliances purchased between 2008 and 2018.

To calculate predicted reliability, we asked members how many times the products they own broke or stopped working as well as they should. We used that data to estimate how new models from a given brand will hold up over the first five years.

Attachments

• CR_Who makes the most reliable appliances_Jun 20 2019.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Guys, Quick question; how do I schedule an engineer visit from LG/ Seimens before I buy a washing Machine?
Isnt a purchase required before I do this?

Guys, Quick question; how do I schedule an engineer visit from LG/ Seimens before I buy a washing Machine?
yes.

but you can make a fake online service request. once they call you , ask your doubt about visiting. but why do you want them to visit b4 purchase?

I spoke to a manager who sent one over. This manager was looking after LG that i knew from a shop.

Maybe ask from the shop you are going to buy from to put you in touch

Had a feeling that inspection of the area and outlet would help before I order. @blr_p also recommended the same.
yes.

but you can make a fake online service request. once they call you , ask your doubt about visiting. but why do you want them to visit b4 purchase?

That works....BUT Since I am remote and my dad doesn't want to visit any shop - I may end up ordering online....
I spoke to a manager who sent one over. This manager was looking after LG that i knew from a shop.

Maybe ask from the shop you are going to buy from to put you in touch

Alright then.. finally got back home and used a packet of the atomic washing powder.. was manually filling hot water and running multiple on off cycles to increase the run time.. man so much gunk came out.

Hopefully this has improved things.

Finally gonna wash some proper clothes to see if it has helped

@blr_p ...I am looking to purchase the washer today or tomorrow.
I saw the below one being sold heavily as well as great reviews...

Any comments?

@blr_p ...I am looking to purchase the washer today or tomorrow.
I saw the below one being sold heavily as well as great reviews...

Any comments?

Have you or any one in your household actually seen and touched your shortlisted candidates in a show room ?

Or are you still sitting in HK and expecting your folks to handle the installation. See this review from Bangalore.

The demo guy is going to push all sorts of unnecessary things. Otherwise some have said they refuse to do the demo which is BS!

This isn't unique to IFB but it seems they are more insistent.

The problem with IFB is they were good when they were in collaboration with Bosch which ended around 2010 and then Bosch struck out on their own having spent a decade learning the Indian market. Since then i've seen a lot of negative reviews about reliability as well as service bout IFB.

That is why IFB is selling a 8kg machine for 5-10k less than the competition and offering a 4yr warranty over the standard 2 years.

I don't know but i don't feel confident about IFB. You pay less initially and have headaches later ? I'd rather pay more up front and have peace of mind after.

I note you are now looking at two sizes up from your initial requirement.

Here is another racket that goes on. Very common. Read this

The crooks do not level the machine properly and then suggest you buy a stand where do they take the trouble to level it properly. Thing is machines are not designed to rest on stands and a stand is entirely redundant. But that was not proposed here, instead they suggested changing the shocks !!! for a new machine that is ludicrous.

I purchased a spirit level since none of these people have one and made them level it on my direction. In 3 years the machine has not budged. Buying the spirit level was an experience itself since out of 6 tested, four were not right and i picked the best. I remember the shop keeper saying i did not have to test them and me glaring at him like i wanted to kill him. And this guy was the owner of the shop so i asked him why he bought 4 lemons.

This whole experience is like taking the car for a service and the guy finding problems that are non existent and milking you for all he can get. It happens all over the world.

Last edited:
Hey man...for an emergency I needed to come to blore so I will handle the installation and everything else...

Somehow what attracted me to IFB was the 4 years service and also that ppl still say that its one of the best brands and build quality...

Size - As such I am not seeing anything lucrative in my budget... So I have zeroed in 2 options:
Expensive 33k- https://www.flipkart.com/ifb-8-kg-w...ppn=browse&ssid=s8b9frhikg0000001572321485044

Cheap 20K and just 42L I guess - https://www.flipkart.com/ifb-6-kg-2...STWMNEHPCR5BJHXPRT2UZB5D&marketplace=FLIPKART

I am here for another week so was looking to order today and get it installed by Monday

1) Can you get me the measurements in mm of the drum. Depth & diameter ?

2) The external dimensions of depth on FK says 67 cm, the manual says 60 cms. Confirm that too.
senator-aqua-sx-ifb-origina.jpegsenator aqua dimensions.jpg

There seem to be only two drum sizes with IFB going by the brochure
Post automatically merged:

Can't set spin speed for that model. Every spin will be at max 800 which you don't need in hot weather. Full speed every time puts more pressure on the bearings.

More options

Last edited:
The below is the next version of the 20K IFB washing Machine which I selected (LCD screen, 1000 RPM and 3D wash as added features). Somehow I felt that spending 29.5K for this makes little sense given that for 33.5K I could get the 60L model with many more additional features.
More options

Answering the below is going to be difficult :)....let me search around
1) Can you get me the measurements in mm of the drum. Depth & diameter ?
2) The external dimensions of depth on FK says 67 cm, the manual says 60 cms. Confirm that too.

for the 800RPM fixed speed on the 20K washing machine - I guess I can live with the machine spinning at 800RPM given the lower usage of the machine and also the fact that its pretty cheap as well.....but again for me wash quality and reliability, after sales matter more than the money I save:)

BTW - how about amazon basics washing Machine?

Last edited:
I guess I can live with the machine spinning at 800RPM given the lower usage of the machine and also the fact that its pretty cheap as well.....but again for me wash quality and reliability, after sales matter more than the money I save:)
There are only two temperature settings on that machine warm & hot. Which is 40 & 60. No tub clean feature so you will have to use the hot setting for maintenance washes.

Boil at 95 is missing. This is useful to sterilise the machine. I don't use 95 much as the water level is less than tub clean which fills more but at 70

I don't know if this model can work without a stabiliser. It has high voltage protection. So the demo guy is going to push one on you.

In terms of looks it resembles my LG with a few things missing.

Wash quality will be fine. Just do everything on the mix cycle at warm. This will be gentler than the cottons cycle. You will need a delicates bag for anything more fragile.

Reliability & after sales are an open question. Given how simple it is you would think reliabilty should be ok but get it levelled properly. I think the latter should be ok in Bangalore. I'm sure you will let us know.

I've already given you my recommends in this thread and the one you started two years back. Exactly the same,

Does Washing Machine need Stabilizer? I dont think so.
I never heard about it even.
Nowadays all appliances are coming with Inverter compatibel which means no need of any Stabilizer.

Does Washing Machine need Stabilizer? I dont think so.
I never heard about it even.
Nowadays all appliances are coming with Inverter compatibel which means no need of any Stabilizer.
Inverter compatible has nothing to do with stabiliser. It means there is no surge at start up.

No such feature in this low end IFB from what i can see ? This IFB only has a high & low voltage cutoff. 150 is the low and 270 is the high.

A stabiliser regulates the voltage and keeps it more or less constant.

You need a stabiliser if there are wide voltage shifts during the day. Low Volts are bad for a motor. A fridge benefits the most since it runs nearly constantly.

My power meter shows volts around 238 early in the morning and can at times reach as high as 258 late at night.

I don't think this is too wide a shift to require a stabiliser.

I'd have preferred 220 - 240 but its out of my hands

Last edited:
Bosch has been working good for me. I would recommend. I bought their lowest 6 kg model for around 20K and has been working great for past three years.

Back