Suggest a home theater setup

Hi Guys

i bought a Sony 42W800A recently which i shall be using a monitor with my system, i need a sound solution as i shall be buying a PS4 and XB one the day it releases
and my usage is mainly 50% music, 50% Movies , my room(bedroom) size is 7 * 8 and i need a setup which supports 3D and i need best audio quality with 4 device connectivity,
my main mphasis is sound quality and ability to play files via USB drive

im a noob to hometheater setups , im not sure if i need a 2.1 or 5.1, i dont have any AVR with me

My budget is 50k,

Please suggest

Its a good starting budget for a Audio setup. For movies you really don't want to invest that much money for the room size. I would advise for a pair of bookshelf speakers + Sub + Receiver Combo. You can initially get bookshelves and the receiver and save some more for a sub. Cant really recommend any brands here but would advise you to go a shop and take a demo. You can also look at 2 Floor standers but buying bookshelves is more future proof as if you find the bookshelves less powerful for your taste then you can shift them to the rear and get better FS/BS for the front. You can look at this for starters. Though I personally don't have experience with them but have heard good stuff about them. You can also look at Warfedale Diamond series.

Also don't look for active bookshelves speakers such as Audio engine A5+ cause they will not let you have a true HT setup.

@Vagabond , i did look at hifivision but didnt find anything closer to my query , ive created a thread there Denon 1713 seems interesting i shall read more on this avr

@Switch : im planning on a book shelf setup most likely, i need crystal clear sound and good instrument seperation with more possible inputs and most importantly within my budget :p

Good now put all your favourite tracks on a disc/USB stick (possibly high quality) and start demoing the speakers and receiver combinations. There is nothing like the first hand experience. When it comes to Music different people have different ears and no setup is perfect for everybody.

Pick up an entry level pioneer receiver and a paradigm ct70/ct90 HTIB. Of late pioneer receivers are the best bang for the buck.

@Vagabond for a moment i was very happy that denon 1713 and wharfedale were in my budget, sadly they arent i realised my room is 10 * 10 , will be making the purchase tomorrow, please suggest

@Chaos how are paradigm speakers ?? havent heard about them

any specific places to look for good deals and audition them in Bangalore

Heard around a dozen sub Sat systems a couple of years ago and the paradigm sounded the best. But again all these 5.1 systems are not great for music.

im willing to extend budget by 10k more[DOUBLEPOST=1377281518][/DOUBLEPOST]how does polk RM6750 With DENON AVR 1513 AV receiver sound ?

Last edited:
At that budget, any sub-sat combo is going to have severe issues with any kind of reproduction.

You can either get two good speakers or five horrible ones for 25k (since the cheapest possible receiver is about 25k).

Your pick.

Hello Everyone (My First Post on this forum)
Hi Ryan
The very first thing i would like to consider in here is your room size. Once you are actually in a sitting position, the length (consider as 8fts) will even narrow down to 7 or even 6.5fts (keeping in mind the bed / sofa and speaker mounts).
So actually for this room size you shouldn't actually look in for anything above a 4" or 5" max driver and basically a front ported speaker (to avoid hum).
Though no Home Theater will actually be able to perform in that room size, as the speakers won't get enough room to breathe and give you the effects with almost zero distance between the speakers (rear) and your ears.
Your budget is good for the room size. Consider a good Sound Bar with Subwoofer (For base lovers). Paradigm is a good brand to look at.
Else, in case if you are particular on 5.1, then don't go anything beyond an HTiB, something like Denon SYS 5.1 Package or Yamaha HTiB YHT 299 or something similar.
Is this a rented place which may change later or this is a permanent location.?

Mridul

Hi im planning on getting a pioneer RS43, in couple of weeks, or might go seperates, currently im working on getting power consistencies addressed , planning on getting an inverter setup

@Chaos @bottle @Vagabond @Calvin @mridulgoel Thanks to you guys

i had to pick between 5 horrible speakers and 2 good speakers and i picked the latter

Auditioning Tannoy V1 was love at first sight, sad part is that have to wait for them to arrive in 2 weeks

i bought Denon X1000 Avr and Tannoy V1 , have received the AVR and theres a wait time for 2-3 weeks in bangalore for the Tannoys

i chose Tannoy over Magnat / Wharfedale, now waiting for the Tannoys to get delivered after which i shall decide on the Center and sub

How is bandridge when it comes to cables ? i bought 5 metres of those and banana plugs worth 150rs each

now on a look out for a good center, so that after tannoys arrive i can get some clearer dialogues with the center :)

Last edited:
Back