Audio Suggest a mp3/mp4 player budget 4k

gudboy

Disciple
Hi guys, please suggest me mp3/mp4 player my budget is 4k max. I want good sound quality and it will be good
if it have a decent screen. Thanks.

Is the major usage audio or video ? Screen size matters ? How much storage are you looking for ? Is the sound quality of utmost importance ?

I just bought a E353 off the forum. I am guessing the E series should sound similar. So, it would be a good player. Once you remove all the software and music already present in the player, you'd get about 3.7GB or so to fill up with music. It does not support an external uSD card like Clip+, which is one important thing to note. It has an easy to navigate interface, will remain on stand-by for 24 hours and supports some EQ out of the box. With Clip+, EQ is not usable until you install the Rockbox. I've not used the Sony "E" enough to make a comparison, but here are a few things I can say (this may or may not apply to 363, the model you have linked, but would give you an idea):

Portability |Clip+ > E353 (though 353 is slimmer and pocket-able, the clip and the smaller size makes it easier for me to go for Clip+)

Looks |E353 > Clip+ (subjective, but graphics > scrolling text)

Ease of use (Menu navigation) |E353 >= Rockboxed Clip+ >= Clip+ (not much difference, but E353 is graphical and easy on the eye)

Ease of use (Tactile buttons) |Clip+ = Rockboxed Clip+ ~= E353 (again, very marginal difference)

Battery Life |E353 > Clip+

Expandable storage |Clip+ - 1, Sony - 0

Audio File Format Support |Rockboxed Clip+ >= Clip+ > E353 (Most important thing)

EQ |Rockboxed Clip+ >> E353 > Clip+ (original sansa firmware)

Sound Quality |Clip+ >= E353 (the difference is marginal, some may like the Sony better)

I have both Sandisk Clip+ and a Sony e series walkman(dont remember the exact name)

I would suggest going for Sony e series over sandisk fuze+ mainly because of the tactile controls vis-a-vis touchpad in fuze+. Controls are the most important part of a mp3 player imho.
As for the SQ stock sony e series with stock/budget earphones(like ep630-ep830) and EQ NOT enabled sounds way better to my ears as compared to my rockboxed clip+. But as they say SQ is much more of a personal preference.I have always preferred sony walkman SQ over other brands like sansa and apple.
Ofcourse here I am assuming the SQ of Clip+ is similar to Fuze+ as the OP is considering that.

But yeah as everyone above me said first make sure that you are comfortable with the 4gb capacity.There wont be future room for expansion in sony e series. Also do check with the type of formats you will be playing.

gudboy said:
I dont care how it looks, my main preference is the sound quality.

Finally which one to pick Fuze+ or E363.

[RANT]

It all comes down to personal preference. I have 8 players now (2 x Clip+, 1 each of Cowon S9, iPod Touch 3G, Sony E353, Creative Zen V Plus, Nanite N2, Fuze v1). To me, that is the best way to go to find out about the "best SQ", because I can compare using my own ears. Audiophiles feel differently about each player (iPod sucks, Cowon is great, Clip+ is waste because it ain't got much power). To me, none of them have the "best" SQ, I just prefer Clip+ better, that's all. The difference in SQ is marginal between players - signature differs a bit between each player, but I doubt if I can detect each of them using a Blind ABX. What matters more is the ability of players to drive IEMs. Most portable players do not drive headphones satisfactorily. Some struggle a bit with Balanced armature IEMs and a few with current draining IEMs. I find Clip+ to be pretty decent across, but battery life and output power are two concerns. Fuze+ should be better with battery, but output power should be around the same ballpark.

For a player, ease of use, navigation, file format support, battery life, size, weight, storage and support for expandable memory, output power - matters more than absolute SQ. The often misused "SQ" is at best decided by your own ears. For instance, this brick is said to have better SQ than all of them - and I might try it someday. But, it's day-to-day use is another matter altogether.
[/RANT]

If you can try out one or both the players, you can decide for yourself about which suits your personal preferences more. If possible try out the Sony E series at the Sony style store or elsewhere. Should give you an idea.

I am ok with the 4gb capacity of E363 as well as with the touch controlsof Fuze+.
E363 has clear audio technologies, is it sounds better then the Fuze+

gudboy said:
Hi guys, please suggest me mp3/mp4 player my budget is 4k max. I want good sound quality and it will be good

if it have a decent screen. Thanks.

I suggest, Cowon D2.

They've stopped production of Cowon D2 and have just the Cowon D2+ on their site.

You will have to go to thier official site and ask them via their chatbox if they have a D2 in stock clearance. If they have one, you get lucky. It comes for ~4.5k has got expandable memory, plays a range of formats and has unbeatable quality sound.

Else, go for iRiver E150 from Pristine Note. INR 3599.

Is it ordered....?

If not you should have considered Cowon iAudio 9 4GB which is available for 4795/- on flipcart. As per your preference for SQ it has BBE also....

But if the order is done.....its done.

Back