Budget 31-40k Suggest a setup for a gaming PC.

chezy

Disciple
My original build is around 5 years old now, only part replaced is the Gfx about a year ago.
Please suggest a rig setup incorporating the existing Gfx and if it fits in the budget, a Crossfire setup with a additional compatible Gfx.

1. What is your budget?
    • 32K to 35K max
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel C2D E8400
    • Motherboard - MSI P45 Neo 3
    • GPU - AMD Sapphire 6850 1024MB
    • RAM - Transcend 4X2GB PC6400
    • Monitor - Dell 2409
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
    • Cabinet - CM E330
    • System Disk - Corsair Force GT 120Gb
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2409
    • SMPS - Corsair VX450
    • GPU - AMD Sapphire 6850 1024MB
    • System Disk - Corsair Force GT 120Gb
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Ci5 3550 Ivy Bridge
    • Motherboard - Any mobo with atleast 2 Nos USB3 and 2 to 3 Nos SATA 6Gbps. If a mobo which can use the onboard and the external Gfx is present, plase suggest that.
    • GPU - None or additional for Crossfire within the budget.
    • Cabinet.
    • Ram - 4GB.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Ram - 4GB now and 4GB later
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Lamington
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel CPU.
    • MSI/Asus based Mobo if available within the budget and specs.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • FPS - Crysis, Oblivion and such.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming & Desktop - 1920 x 1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit

For crossfire you would have to add another 6850 + change your smps too ... at least 550 - 620W. Your existing PSU VX450 will choke your system.
This expenditure would come to
The 6850 would cost 10.6k - Flipkart
SMPS ~ Seasonic S12II-620W ~ Rs 5120 available here
TOTAL = Rs 15,720

=========================================
the i5-3570 is 13k
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H ~ Rs 4199
RAM - G.Skill Sniper 4GB 1600MHz ~ 2.2K or Corsair Vengence
CABINET - Corsair Carbide 400R is Rs 4900

TOTAL = Rs 24299

This is what I would recommend
1] Drop the crossfire plans as you would ONLY get some marginal increase in performance.
2] Go with 8GB ram straightaway (4GB x 2)
3] Add an SSD - Samsung 128GB Pro series ~ Rs 8249

Go with #2 & 3 and your system will be a Blazing Tornado :watching: & all this within your budget of 35K ;)

Cheers
Terry

DROP MSI PRODUCTS FROM YOUR LIST AS THEY HAVE CLOSED SHOP IN INDIA.

Thanks for the inputs and the heads up regarding MSI, I forgot to mention that my setup is currently running with a Corsair Force GT SSD 120Gb. I've updated the same in the post.
Is it possible to lower the CPU spec to 3550 and a lower cost cabinet like NZXT Gamma and go for a lower spec Gfx like AMD 7750 and still get a working Crossfire setup. I will go for a 550W + PSU.

I have narrowed down the requirement to the following;

Processor Intel Core i5 4670 ₹ 15,000.00
Motherboard ASRock Z87M Extreme4 ₹ 9,200.00
CPU Cooler Existing ₹ 0.00
RAM G.Skill Sniper 4GB 1600MHz ₹ 2,200.00 ( + another 4Gb in 2 months)
GPU Existing ₹ 0.00
Cabinet NZXT Gamma Classic ₹ 2,450.00
PSU Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU ₹ 5,500.00

I already have a Corsair GT 120 GB SSD, as for the cfx, I will go for that in a few months, I just needed to know if the PSU will be able to handle the cfx.

What do you guys think, any suggestions??.
Also, is the PSU Windows 8 and Haswell compliant.

Your PSU is non compliant .
All non compliant Seasonic PSU :
M12II: 520 W, 620 W
S12II: All
M12D: All
SS: All[DOUBLEPOST=1372837796][/DOUBLEPOST]Why are you buying a Z87 with a non K procesor???!!!

Get something like a ASRock H87 Pro4 for Rs 6970/7050

Hmm... you are right regarding the PSU, a search on google yielded this: http://www.seasonic.com/new/twevent20130510.htm .
Seasonic M12 II 650W PSU is a viable option.
I am considering the Z87 since I was planning to go for a Crossfire, but i'm a bit confused. Going with a single Rs18,000+ card maybe a better option. In any case I would be going for a 4670K (Rs. 16500) overclocking in the winter, thats when I will add an aftermarket cooler. What do you say..

Then great and looks balanced in that sense K and Z together. For Rs 18K get 7870XT and add another later if you want to. For dual cards I would say stick to Nvidia and SLi,better faster validated driver support and a lot alot smoother bug free dual card gaming. I would advise spend a bit more and get 2 x 650Ti Boost in Sli ,great performance for the price.

Finally got the following from Prime yesterday;

CPU : i5 4670K
Mobo : Asus Z87-K
Ram : 2 x 4Gb Gskil Ripjaws
PSU : Corsair TX650
Cabinet : Corsair Carbide 200R

Needed to know if Corsair H40 will fit in the case. Also, what do you guys recommend ? Water or a good air-fin cooler. ?

I would be attempting overclocking, just need the confidence. Looking at other places also seem to indicate going with 212 over the H40.

You cant overclock highly with that board. So spending a lot on water cooler is futile. You should have bought the Asus Gryphon if you want Water Level kind of overclocking.

If at all water cooling look at H80 or a CM Seidon 120

Back