Video Suggest a smart TV

Nice, 5 more days. You can consider it. As mentioned above, I can not comment much on Android TV part of this TV though.
Can you confirm at least whether its is pure android or android based?
Also, I'm only worried about any bleeding issues occurring later on like tcl, iffalcon, vu etc facing sort of.

@ashish I ordered Hisense after careful consideration. And I didn't wanted any big size so was lucky to grab 40in on Flipkart with the ongoing offer of 5yrs panel warranty + got flat 1.5k icici discount so the tv costed me just 17.5k.
Thanks to amazon where I was to buy 43in and today its price soared by 2k with same features as 40in.

43" FHD ? It is 1K expensive then initial launch price of 20,999.
This is today they reduced by 1k.
Tue and Wed this was the rate...

1597305768077.png

I too will buy one of these if they are so promising on warranty terms. Thanks all.
1 gb ram and 8 gb rom still haunts me but getting so many daily apps inbuilt we might not need more apps hopefully.
Query remains about external drive support, it will be nice if NTFS is supported on this tv.

Guys, I didn't want to post my issues publicly as I expected the brand to actually help resolve the issues I was facing and worked with them in good faith but I guess it's time to post this and let others make their own informed decisions

I had bought a 50" K31 Iffalcon Tv on in last week of June 2020. The TV display wasn't switching off completely ( I noticed after a week ) and I raised a complaint with the CC in ~2 weeks. They initially refused to help, but after repeat emails sent someone to check. He confirmed the display remains switched on, but told me this is NORMAL. The LED panel in new units doesn't switch off completely and backlight is supposed to be on 24x7. I complained for weeks before TCL finally acknowledged this is a design defect affecting all units of K31 series. In the meantime, their engineers visited my house ~15 times, knocked / pressed / beat the panel more than 50 times to fix the issues despite my requests not to mishandle the panel ( I was told by head of UP CC that he will replace my panel for sure after the issues are resolved ). They sent a replacement panel 2 weeks back but it was a different hardware version and couldn't be installed in my unit ( different connectors )

My TV has been opened more than 10 times. The power supply has been replaced twice and the motherboard once. The panel replacement is pending but the TCL guys just keep saying we will do it in "2 days max".

I just want others to be aware of such brands as FK won't even post my review lol

Screenshot of just one email attached which sums up everything.
Untitled.png

Frankly tcl and such brands never excited me even if they offered a lot in budget. Their reviews were mixed. Hence my family always insisted on brand product even if it costed more. Trust matters and brands does care for their image.

Frankly tcl and such brands never excited me even if they offered a lot in budget. Their reviews were mixed. Hence my family always insisted on brand product even if it costed more. Trust matters and brands does care for their image.
There are bad stories available for every brand out there. Right from Mercedez to Maruti. So, in a country like India, where getting justice can be a decade long process even in so called fast track consumer courts, it all depends on your risk appetite. On TE itself you can find buyers of 1.5L LG TVs facing issues with getting warranty honored. So buying an expensive and premium product doesn't guarantee premium service in India. One can find plenty such examples on 'The Home Appliances' thread on Team-BHP as well. Just yesterday someone posted that the compressor on his Bosch inverter refrigerator conked off in 7 years and despite the compressor having 10 years warranty, the company is making him run around for warranty. Bosch might not be the most premium, but it is a premium brand nonetheless IMO.

There are bad stories available for every brand out there. Right from Mercedez to Maruti. So, in a country like India, where getting justice can be a decade long process even in so called fast track consumer courts, it all depends on your risk appetite. On TE itself you can find buyers of 1.5L LG TVs facing issues with getting warranty honored. So buying an expensive and premium product doesn't guarantee premium service in India. One can find plenty such examples on 'The Home Appliances' thread on Team-BHP as well. Just yesterday someone posted that the compressor on his Bosch inverter refrigerator conked off in 7 years and despite the compressor having 10 years warranty, the company is making him run around for warranty. Bosch might not be the most premium, but it is a premium brand nonetheless IMO.
To be fair though, most of the time people who do get good service hardly ever post/talk about the fact they had no problems with the brand. What i'm trying to say is that most people won't tell how good a brand is until someone asks them so, while on the other hand if they had been dealt an absolutely terrible hand, they will go mad on forums. But what you did say is true, there really is not much of a guarantee that you will get the same treatment as everyone, i had quite an easy time getting an act installation while a different friend of mine had to wait for more than 4 weeks and had to make hundreds of complaints to get his. And he had already paid for a full year lmao

Back