PC Peripherals Suggest - All in one printer...

Praks

Skilled
Hi all,
Can anyone please suggest a good All in one printer ? I am listing few of the requirements.

• Very less use of colour, mostly Black & White.
  • Black should be printed even if color catridge is emply (not sure if possible).
  • Scan, Copy & Fax must. If AIO with fax is costly then are there any standalone cheap fax machine ?
  • Starting use will be 5-10 pages a day & may increase to 30 pages a day.
  • If not used, it should not clog pores so I guess dye based preferred.
  • May use CISS kits in future if use increase to 50 pages a day.
  • WiFi will be good to have. (Not must)
  • New Catridge should be cheap & easily available online
Range - Max of 6000-7000 Rs

Can anyone guide on this please ?

Marking masters who have adviced to people on TE for their attention.

@axeman, @booo, @geekashish

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also looking for an color AIO for home use(wifi/fax not required) to be used mildly(once or twice a week)... and am considering HP 2515 and Epson ME101...

@booo can you please let us know about the quality/durability of Epson ME101 vs HP 2515

Is Brother MFC-J430W worth considering for my requirements?

P.S.: Don't mean to hijack thread but my requirements are similar...

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-4615-mul...8SQ2&ref=3d1a0f85-99ea-4404-9c09-831ebb8458c5

This is the only available printer in flipkart which has print,scan,fax and copy and is in your budget.

I suggest Brother MFC-J430W along with refillable ink cartridges.
ebay powerseller price for the printer is 8500/-
empty ciss is available for 400/-

Epson ME101 for ~4k
ebay.in refillable cartridges 1800
should be available for cheap on ali/dx.

tl,dr; get ready to shell out 10k if you want fax.

Thank you. I guess need to leave fax option. Are you aware of any standlaone cheap fax machines ?
Few questions on ME101.
Will it clog pores if not used ?
Is Rs 1800 option CISS Kit ?

@OP

Sorry to Hijack.

But I am also in the lookout for a Print-Scan-Copy machine. My budget is 10k. Cheap refillable options should be available. Color only.

Nope. Home.Yea 10 k is bit too overkill. As low as possible then.

The one in mind is Canon PIXMA MG3170. Around 6K. Looks sweet, Got Wifi too.

In that case I would suggest HP 2515 Ink Advantage printer. Costs between 4.5-5k. I personally own it.
Experience so far has been brilliant, and have printer 300 pages and yet to run out of ink (Fast Draft Mode) and a few pictures at high quality too.
The cartridge just costs 475 which is pretty good for me since I'm not fond of refilling.

don't buy Canon PIXMA range... it's too good (costly) for home use.

i have a high-end PIXMA model... B/W prints, color photos etc are just too good and features are equally impressive. separate gray and black tanks. in short, everything is good except for the price of cartridges. so far, i've only purchased original cartridges and each one costs upward of Rs 800! and i don't think these cartridges are marathoners.

change your search criteria... look for lowest priced original cartridges and then find a matching printer. also, i think Wi-Fi enabled printer is a boon for home use.

Thank you everyone.

@m-jeri,
no prob on hijacking :)

Based on all post above, here is the short note, Canon PIXMA are one of the best in look & comes with WiFi & Fax.. Can anyone share if CISS is available for Canon PIXMA ?

5659 - Canon PIXMA MG3170 - With WiFi, No fax - Canon printers cartridges cannot be refilled by even an authentic refilling stores/every 200 pages of print out you may need spend INR.2000
6489 - Canon PIXMA MX377 - With Fax, Each cartridge above 800 Rs.

3737 - Epson Expression ME-101 - Use CISS (1300 Rs) - Big problem is of Cartridges in market.
Epson Expression ME-301 - - With WiFi

4500 - HP 2515 Ink Advantage - Cartridge cost - 475

Epson Expression ME-301 looks good with WiFi & cheap price of 4000 Rs+ but all reviews says no Cartridges in market.

Is there any one using Canon PIXMA with CISS ?

Formujet or splashjets are best for Canon. The CISS kit is not important, the INK quality is. Since Canon CISS kits do not contain the heads, and the original head is retained, so it should not get clogged.
Not considering the epson with factory fitted CISS?

@axeman
Thank you for sharing. Kind of n00b.
Few questions,
Wouldnt the original head be spoiled due to continous use after keep on filling inks in tanks (e.g. 3-4 refill of tanks in 1 year time) ?
Once CISS is fitted & tanks are emply, from where do we get inks to refill ? Do Formujet or splashjets provide it ?
How long would CISS (1 refill) lasts if monthly use is around 50-80 pages (black & white).

I am looking at PIXMA MX457 as it has Print, scan, copy, fax, Wi-Fi. Can you share which Epson are you talking ?
This is for a kind of SOHO setup hence Fax, Copy & WiFI is kind of requirement. Do you see any other printer fitting in this 8000 range ?

Back