Less than 10K Suggest android mobile for a 70 year old

raksrules

Elite
Looking for an Android phone for my dad who is 70 Years old. He currently uses iPhone 5S. So anything today is a upgrade. I am not looking to spend beyond 10K but I also don't want brands which show unsolicited ads on lock screen and such.

Can go upto to 15K for a good brand.
Usage is Whatsapp, video watching on YouTube and such. No gaming at all.

Preferably will buy from amazon but flipkart is also ok.

That would limit your choices a lot. Take a look at Realme phones but if you can debloat a Xiaomi phone (which is very easy BTW) then nothing would beat the Redmi Note 9 Pro because it sports SD720G at that price point.

That would limit your choices a lot. Take a look at Realme phones but if you can debloat a Xiaomi phone (which is very easy BTW) then nothing would beat the Redmi Note 9 Pro because it sports SD720G at that price point.

I don't use android so when you say debloating, what all can I remove from the phone? Things which are considered bloat ware and also what about ads.

I don't use android so when you say debloating, what all can I remove from the phone? Things which are considered bloat ware and also what about ads.
Anything and everything. Once you remove them, there are no ads anymore. I can share the list of apps I removed on my Note 9 Pro Max which is essentially the same phone.

Looking for an Android phone for my dad who is 70 Years old. He currently uses iPhone 5S. So anything today is a upgrade. I am not looking to spend beyond 10K but I also don't want brands which show unsolicited ads on lock screen and such.

Check out the samsung M21, decent phone for the price plus its got a big battery.

Anything and everything. Once you remove them, there are no ads anymore. I can share the list of apps I removed on my Note 9 Pro Max which is essentially the same phone.

I am similarly looking to buy a phone under 10k for my mom. The main usage is whatsapp, YouTube and of course calling.
I’m looking at Redmi 9, which costs 9k. Do these phones have ads on them on lock screen and wherever else? And what do you mean de bloating? Is it as simple as uninstalling an app?

I am similarly looking to buy a phone under 10k for my mom. The main usage is whatsapp, YouTube and of course calling.
I’m looking at Redmi 9, which costs 9k. Do these phones have ads on them on lock screen and wherever else? And what do you mean de bloating? Is it as simple as uninstalling an app?
Yes, it is as simple, but not something you can do from the phone itself. You will have to enable USB debugging, and use a tool on a PC which would require Java to be installed on your PC. That's it. When you tun the tool after connecting your phone, it will show a list of all apps installed and you can remove whatever you want.
De-bloater tool - https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/tag/7.0

I have never used an iphone in my life before, but wouldn't be it be hard or difficult for your father to switch to android from ios? One of my older relatives had an iphone and asked me to create a whatsapp group. I had absolutely no clue what i was doing (not a joke), And for a 70 year old to get used to something different might be harder at his age.

check Samsung M21
+ sAmoled
+ hugh battery
+ no s**t ads

ok..ish processor for normal usage.

Just got Poco M2 for Ru 10,500 for my aunt from Fk. It has 6gb ram, 5000mah battery, but most importantly, no ads. Her main use is fb, WhatsApp, yt. Yes screen size is on a higher size but since her primary use is media consumption she is more than happy.
Samsung is good but given that they are offering 2-3 generation old processors would leave a bad user experience. She wanted a phone to last atleast 5 years.
P. S. She came from iPhone 5.

Back