Audio Suggest closed headphones+mp3 player for 50k budget

RS4

Skilled
my friend wants to buy a good setup of closed headphones+mp3 player and the max budget is 50k, the requirements are:

1. The mp3/mp4 player will be used for music and photo viewing.

2. The headphones should be closed type with good isolation and fun sounding/coloured sound signature.

3. No amps, the mp3 player should be able to drive the headphones.

Also suggest local stores/dealers or the stores from which these can be imported.

AMP is recommended with an Ultrasone Pro 900 too, at this budget AMP is recommended for the majority of headphones.

Audio Technica ATH-ES10 doesn't need any AMP at all and is a fun sounding HP's.

^
Of course :) I just meant to say that Ultrasone 900 sounds decent enough without any amp too compared to most other high end closed headphones. The Z2 should power them decently.

Guys, 50k is the max budget and even a 35k-40k setup will do, have kept the max limit at 50k due to falling rupee and import duty factor.

Player - Cowon Z2 32GB. Costs around 23k

Cans - Ultrasone Pro 900. These sound great even without any amp, as you mentioned your friend is not looking at getting an amp so this will be his best bet. Will cost about 18-19k.
Buy Ultrasone PRO 900 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones - Black at low price in India: Junglee.com
Cowon Z2 looks like a nice option, it has received good reviews and the plus point is that the entire cowon range is available on flipkart:
Cowon MP3 Players India: Cowon Video MP3 Players: Cowon Portable Audio Players: Flipkart.com

AMP is recommended with an Ultrasone Pro 900 too, at this budget AMP is recommended for the majority of headphones.

Audio Technica ATH-ES10 doesn't need any AMP at all and is a fun sounding HP's.

i think pristinenote is the official indian dealer for Audio Technica but there is no listing of ATH-ES10, any other recommended store/source? what do you think about denon D2000, can it be driven by a player like cowon Z2?

I think you will not get any closed headphones at this price, there are mostly open air designs(which are better) at this price point, and as all said amp is sort of de facto at this price range

Is the setup for portable use? A lot of the cans being suggested are quite large. No amp makes its hard given the fact that most higher end cans will benefit from them quite a lot. Photo viewing + fun sounding closed cans with no amp - iPod Touch with the FLAC Player Pro app + ATH M50 should suffice. Gives you the added entertainment of an iDevice + decent sound + cans that don't really need an amp + quite portable Given a 50K budget :p = RSA Protector (used from head-fi since they all have life time warranty) + iMod or iPod touch + Sennheiser HD25 + balanced cable + a LODEdit: Can't space out my text for some reason they all appear as one big clump ......sorry about that!

Headphones to consider:
Denon d2000, d5000, d7000
audio technica m50, ad900, ad2000, w5000 ( w3000anv is above budget)
ultrasone signature pro ( on borderline budget )! Pro 900 , pro 2900
sennheiser hd25 ii

As ritvik said , is the setup for portable use?

RS4, if your looking at D2000, take a look at ath ad900 as well.
will look at ath ad900 as well, it should be available with pristinenote.

Is the setup for portable use? A lot of the cans being suggested are quite large. No amp makes its hard given the fact that most higher end cans will benefit from them quite a lot. Photo viewing + fun sounding closed cans with no amp - iPod Touch with the FLAC Player Pro app + ATH M50 should suffice. Gives you the added entertainment of an iDevice + decent sound + cans that don't really need an amp + quite portable Given a 50K budget :p = RSA Protector (used from head-fi since they all have life time warranty) + iMod or iPod touch + Sennheiser HD25 + balanced cable + a LODEdit: Can't space out my text for some reason they all appear as one big clump ......sorry about that!

Yes, the setup is for portable use and large size headphones is ok but he wants a simple setup of player+headphones and no amp.
he doesnt like itunes and idevices, so any other suggestion on player which can drive good headphones?

iBasso dx100 + Denon D5000 + Jmoney pads. I find the ultrasone's too shrill sounding.
From where can we get ibass dx100+ D5000, any specific website? what may be the approx price?

Headphones to consider:
Denon d2000, d5000, d7000
audio technica m50, ad900, ad2000, w5000 ( w3000anv is above budget)
ultrasone signature pro ( on borderline budget )! Pro 900 , pro 2900
sennheiser hd25 ii

As ritvik said , is the setup for portable use?
Yes, the setup is for portable use, large size headphone is ok but no amps.

EDIT: Can't post links, since I'm having weird issues with the forums. Hifiman products (from the Head-Direct website), the DX100 from the (iBasso site) alternatively the Colorfly C4. The C4 or the DX100 with the D5000 will probably be over his budget.

EDIT: Can't post links, since I'm having weird issues with the forums. Hifiman products (from the Head-Direct website), the DX100 from the (iBasso site) alternatively the Colorfly C4. The C4 or the DX100 with the D5000 will probably be over his budget.

the links were fine, i will suggest him to increase the budget but i doubt he will do it, These players themselves will cost around 50k for import+shipping, so there will be no money left for headphone :p

Don't make him spend more. Not worth it!! Especially with no amp.

Any other player which can drive decent headphones like D2000 and the whole setup within 50k? or ath M50 is the best we can go for with players like sansa and cowon.

Back