CPU/Mobo suggest CPU for 18k

lounge

Disciple
reason y am asking u guys for something which i should figure out my self first - my bro has agreed to pay for the rig(cos i am broke) and lest he changes his mind i want to give him the estimate asap :hap5:

budget 20k max..(sorry it says 18k in the thread title)

location - new delhi (shall purchase from nehru place then)

need - procy - mobo - cabby - 2gb ram

for high end audio rendering-mixing, video editing, graphics both motion and video.. so need it for all possible media works and floating point performance(read this somewhere, god knows what it means) but not for gaming..

peripherals i already possess which i shall use with this new cpu - 500 sata, vx2025, cooler master psu and me :bleh:

even a rough idea whats going good in the market from you guys will suffice my purpose.. i am really out of touch for long..

thanks you :hap5:

my current rig - X2 5000, 2 gb (533mhz), M2NPV-VM, vx2025 bla bla bla

once again - reason y am asking u guys for something which i should figure out my self first - my bro has agreed to pay for the rig(cos i am broke) and lest he changes his mind i want to give him the estimate asap :hap5:

yeah i am more than happy with 5000+.. its just that my bro has a bulluck cart age cpu.. he needs new but for simple surfing etc..so i have to donate mine in exchange of a new cpu (which he gets for me)..

try if u can hold on to your current rig..wait for a 1-1.5 months..u will get much better processors as choices..5000+ looks decent for next couple of months..

Any preference...intel or amd? and what about gfx card?

i would rather go by the model name/number and its performance reviews.. be it intel or amd..

n yeah, i forgot gfx card.. i ain't got one.. plz throw some darkness there as well.. please suggest one.. :)

try if u can hold on to your current rig..wait for a 1-1.5 months..u will get much better processors as choices..5000+ looks decent for next couple of months..

yeah i am more than happy with 5000+.. its just that my bro has a bulluck cart age cpu.. he needs new but for simple surfing etc..so i have to donate mine in exchange of a new cpu (which he gets for me)..

also, what better choices i might get if i wait for a month.. can you please tell me what good procys can be the choices after a month or a half.. thanks

I think the current one is prety good with the 5000+ and 2GB RAM!! I would suggest you to get the Phenom X2 sometime in Feb-Mar next year for 18k

I think the current one is prety good with the 5000+ and 2GB RAM!! I would suggest you to get the Phenom X2 sometime in Feb-Mar next year for 18k

i have edited the first post above, so now i have made my situation more clear.. could you please tell me now accordingly.. (read last lines of post 1 above please :))

XFX 7600GS - 5k

2x1GB 800 MHz Transcend RAM - 3k max

Cabinet - 2.5k (max)

Mobo - XFX 650i Ultra - 4.7k

CPU - Intel E4400 - 5k max

Total = 20,200 (MAX)

thanks for the rig but i shall be looking for a better proccy.. for that matter i can drop the gfx now and later on purchase one..

do i need a gfx card even if i do not want to play games at all.. yeah i design motion graphics and make websites..

btw, what mobo would you guys suggest for E6700 and X6800?? and what good choices are there in amd in competition to the above said C2D processors??

+1 for AMD X2 6000+ with any 690G mobo

lounge said:
btw, what mobo would you guys suggest for E6700 and X6800?? and what good choices are there in amd in competition to the above said C2D processors??

go for E6750 over E6700

lounge said:
need - procy - mobo - cabby - 2gb ram
for high end audio rendering-mixing, video editing, graphics both motion and video.. so need it for all possible media works and floating point performance(read this somewhere, god knows what it means) but not for gaming..
Assuming that you won't be overclocking,
Intel Q6600 G0 stepping processor(product code SLACR)- 11.5K odd
Biostar TP35D2A7 motherboard- 5K odd*
2x1GB Transcend DDR2 800 RAM- 3K odd.
Zebronics Bijli cabinet- 1300/- odd.
The motherboard doesnt have onboard graphics- you will need some cheap PCIe gfx card like 6200TC, 7300GS, ... to get the pc up and running.
DDR2 800 will be helpful imho, is quite cheap now and is really recommended as DDR2 667 will be EOL soon.
But if you want to save some money and/or divert it to some other component, 2x1GB Transcend DDR2 667 is 2.2K odd.
*'odd' implies +/- 100-200 bucks- depends on the dealer, your luck and your ability to bargain. :cool2:

Back