PC Peripherals Suggest ERGONOMIC Mouse and Keyboard for cervical patient

altainta

Disciple
As the title suggest i need info on good erogonomic Mouse (right handed) and keyboard (right handed) For my medical codition (RSI) PAIN IN WRIST, hand and neck.

As the title suggest i need info on good erogonomic Mouse (right handed) and keyboard (right handed) For my medical codition (RSI) PAIN IN WRIST, hand and neck.

I think rather than just a keyboard and mouse, you should look into his overall setup and see if his seating posture is correct and accordingly invest in a table and chair thats the proper height. Maybe a wrist rest for his hand and a monitor thats at the right height.

An ergonomic keyboard might help but its best to first get the basics right. For keyboard Microsoft are pretty good

I think rather than just a keyboard and mouse, you should look into his overall setup and see if his seating posture is correct and accordingly invest in a table and chair thats the proper height. Maybe a wrist rest for his hand and a monitor thats at the right height.

Uhmmm... bottle Sire, not to berate you but, it is for the OP himself.
For my medical codition (RSI) PAIN IN WRIST, hand and neck.

I fully agree with your explanation of seating posture and layout of the computer itself. Cheerio!!

Thanks alpha, misread the post.

Also adding a couple of pics that I think everyone on TE needs to see

Ktn19.jpg

1IOd6.jpg

You should seriously consider your seating posture, your monitor position, and angle.

you can also wear cervical collars and wrist bands to support while you work on computer.

i met with a physiotherapist he asked for a mri and i did so..
I got to know that i have a budge in my cervical vein...
he prescribed me some medic and thought me some exercise.
problem is just under control 1/4 but need to take long route...

Regarding the post
1) i like the Suggestion but can anybody suggest a good cheap alternative for my condition (Only if possible) also please tell me Mouse and Keyboard separately because sometimes the mouse is good the keyboard is bad vice versa so in short more option will be welcomed...
2) Can any one suggest where i can buy this online and rates in INR.
3) Thank you ALPHA17 medpal bottle For suggestion and support... thanks...

6pack which mouse pad exactly, where to buy and how much is the cost (in inr)

1) i like the Suggestion but can anybody suggest a good cheap alternative for my condition (Only if possible) also please tell me Mouse and Keyboard separately because sometimes the mouse is good the keyboard is bad vice versa so in short more option will be welcomed.

2) Can any one suggest where i can buy this online and rates in INR.

Unfortunately altainta there are no two ways about this, companies extract a premium for designing "ERGONOMIC" products which are meant to reduce the strain in long term usage and are more comfortable to use.

But the good fallout of all of this overpricing is that the RMA procedure gets kicked into high-gear and we get a better deal if any of the components malfunctions.

You can try out the following online stores --> The IT Wares / Prime ABGB [Bombay based], The IT Depot [Madras based].

As for the mouse pad with wrist support, you can get local variants for as cheap as ~150/- -->500/-; please note that these have poor tracking capabilities and build quality, durability.

I am not aware of any cheap gaming mousepads that have wrist support, although the Razer Vespula ~1600/- sports a support, it is overly expensive.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Thank you very much guys to providing your precious time thanks will do this
1) Doctor prescribed meds + exercise
2) Posture correction
3) sitting, monitor position correction
4) Purchase ergonomic Mouse and keyboard

Thank you

Just for info if other want it
Brought cervical pillow from ebay (Tynor brand) (4 days before and using it). They are very good Memory Foam Pu pillow. Now the pain in the back and hand get low (not completely)....Wrist pain still exist but do get low

This is my completely personal anecdote, no solid medical evidence to back up the claim.

I started having pain in my wrists some years earlier when typing. I researched on alternative keyboard layouts, and moved to Dvorak layout.
Dvorak Simplified Keyboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Dvorak Keyboard -- a Primer

The premise of Dvorak layout is that your fingers have to move around less as the most frequently used letters are on the home row. My understanding is that the standard QWERTY layout is based on the old typewriter layout, which was designed to reduce chances of striking 2 subsequent keys from same row, causing a key jam.
QWERTY - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since I moved to Dvorak layout, I haven't had any wrist pain till now.

The bad:
It took me some months to come to my previous speed with the old QWERTY layout.

It seems my brain cannot hold 2 layouts simultaneously; I cannot touch-type with the standard QWERTY keyboard now; have to 'hunt&peck' via sight. I seen people online who claim to be equally proficient with both layouts, but didn't work that way for me.

Intially, there is some cognitive dissonance because the alphabet on keyboard is different from the one that appears on the screen. Over time, the cognitive dissonance fades away. In the beginning, I re-arranged the keys on the keyboard to match the DVORAK layout, but its too cumbersome to do this everytime I got a new keyboard.

PS, this is probably useless if you 'hunt&peck' with QWERTY rather than 'touch-type'.

Back