Budget 15-20K Suggest good android phone (no custom ROMs or rooting stuff, only stock). Bought: Nexus 5 32GB

raksrules

Elite
My brother uses an iPhone 4S but he doesn't have the best of the experience with it. Not because of iOS or anything but the particular unit he has is plagued with issues. This has made him not like iPhone any more (all others in family own iPhones) and he wants android.
He has absolutely no idea what custom ROMs are and rooting is. He will never root the phone or will never put a custom ROM. Only stock OS will be used always. No tweaking and such stuff needed.
He also has a perception that cheaper phones (even when i say they are good) are not worth and wants to buy something north of 20K. I suggested Moto G 2nd Gen to him as of now.
With iPhones you don't have plethora of choices so even if your requirement is just simple, you still end up paying 50K for latest device.
But with android I feel his needs and wants don't really warrant an expensive device.
I do not want him to buy any "Indian" brands like MMX, XOLO and such. Only reliable devices please with very good A.S.S. We are spoiled by iPhones and their reliability so expect the same from android brands.
He likes Nexus 5 but frankly he has no idea what he wants and is not the research doing type and tells me to select.
I am bit reluctant with the xiaomi brand as well so may personally not prefer that.

1. Budget?
A: 25k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Personally dislike Samsung
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (no Windows phone please)
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi, EDGE (4G not required)
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet, whatsapp, few games here and there, Call quality should be excellent.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Single SIM is ok, dual is also Ok.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I have suggested Moto G 2nd gen, he has selected Nexus 5.

What is the best deal on N5 currently. Although we plan to sell iphone and get nexus in exchange by paying difference but if that doesn't workout then we will first buy nexus 5 and then sell iPhone separately.

xperia z1 compact is higly recommended by me and I think its available in India at around 25k. its absolutely no bs phone if you dont want to root.

Finally bought Nexus 5 32GB today for 29.5K before exchange. Sold 4S 16gb for 8.5k. Yeah I know it is less but then the phone was plagued with multiple hardware issues. So getting rid of phone at ok price was priority.

Back