Budget 41-50k Suggest good laptop below 45k for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Energy) student

TigerKing

Disciple
Studying B.Tech (Energy) Mechanical Engineering (India). Please help asap.

What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
Ans - 45k below

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)

Ans - Primary task only for these softwares. And some casual gaming.
Softwares - AutoCAD, ETAP, Minitab
Games - mostly FIFA, but new games if possible within budget (medium setting)

What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
Ans - Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
Ans -Like: HP, ACER, LENOVO, ASUS, APPLE,
Dislike: DELL (it was old laptop for me and had bad experience because of low configuration)

Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
Ans - Battery 8+ hours with mentioned softwares. Battery is important because in college everyone using laptop, not many plug points.
FHD 1080p IPS Display, Matte Screen.
HDD 1TB minimum.
Suggest 7th generation Intel processors, new GPU laptops, if it's good and fits in budget.
Brand new laptop, use for more than 5 years.
Buying place - Lamington Road, Mumbai (Please suggest local stores in Lamington Road, Mumbai)
or Vijay Sales, Croma Store
or online (Amazon, flipkart etc)
Best offer with some goodies or extras.

Buying laptop this Sunday, 29 January 2017.

Configuration I found on friends laptop
I5 7TH GEN, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 2GB 940 MX, 2 USB 3.1 , 1 USB 2.0, 1 TB HDD, WITH NUM KEYPAD, 2.2 KG

Laptops I searched on Google.

HP 15-ay503tx (Z1D92PA)
FHD 1TB 8GB 2GBAMD I5 6G DOS = ₹45000

Lenovo Ideapad 310 (80SM01EEIH)
HD 1TB 8GB 2GBNVIDIA I5 6G DOS = ₹41000

Acer Aspire E5-575 (UN.GE6SI.002)
HD 1TB 8GB I5 7G Linux = ₹36000

Lenovo Ideapad 310 (80TV00Y0IH)
FHD 1TB 8GB 2GB920MX I5 7G DOS = ₹38000

Thank you.

I searched online and found Asus R558UQ DM513D for ₹45k.
Released recently and 7th gen processor.
All in budget.
Please suggest some good laptops below 45k.
Thank you.

Here are some points to consider (though this is based on my own personal experience while visiting stores of Vijay sales and Chroma store) :
1) I don't know why people go for 1080FHD screen on laptop, dues to smaller screen sizes I find strain to read the fonts and found myself comfortable with the 1366x768 resolution.
2) I think it is hard to get one that can have 8hrs of battery life while not idle.
3)Look for the keyboard layout and keys of the laptop(lenovo ones are generally stupid as the F1-F12 keys by default function as fn keys)
4)940 mx you mentioned comes in both ddr3 and ddr5 format, so be sure to check it(though in your budget it is most probably ddr3)

The config you mentioned is pretty good, but if you cannot find a 7th gen, then feel free to go with 6th gen.
I personally recommend you to visit a nearby store before placing order online.

Here are some points to consider (though this is based on my own personal experience while visiting stores of Vijay sales and Chroma store) :
1) I don't know why people go for 1080FHD screen on laptop, dues to smaller screen sizes I find strain to read the fonts and found myself comfortable with the 1366x768 resolution.
2) I think it is hard to get one that can have 8hrs of battery life while not idle.
3)Look for the keyboard layout and keys of the laptop(lenovo ones are generally stupid as the F1-F12 keys by default function as fn keys)
4)940 mx you mentioned comes in both ddr3 and ddr5 format, so be sure to check it(though in your budget it is most probably ddr3)

The config you mentioned is pretty good, but if you cannot find a 7th gen, then feel free to go with 6th gen.
I personally recommend you to visit a nearby store before placing order online.

Buying from shop which offers best value and other goods.
Vijay Sales, Croma or Lamington or online..

1. I think because FHD and HD are common resolutions, other than that they find it odd. Even 2k 4k screens are available for laptops.
2. Actually I wanted best battery backup available in that price segment.
3. After confirming 2-3 more laptops, I will check hands on video review etc. Keyboard layouts and keys will be covered in that.
4. Ok.. 940mx DDR5, I will check that thing.

Ok. 6th gen 7th gen both will do.
Yes before buying I am going to check laptop.

Can you suggest some laptops in ~45k?
It's hard to find on internet. Specification and price of same model differs.
Can you please find some laptops?

Thank you.

Buying from shop which offers best value and other goods.
Vijay Sales, Croma or Lamington or online..

1. I think because FHD and HD are common resolutions, other than that they find it odd. Even 2k 4k screens are available for laptops.
2. Actually I wanted best battery backup available in that price segment.
3. After confirming 2-3 more laptops, I will check hands on video review etc. Keyboard layouts and keys will be covered in that.
4. Ok.. 940mx DDR5, I will check that thing.

Ok. 6th gen 7th gen both will do.
Yes before buying I am going to check laptop.

Can you suggest some laptops in ~45k?
It's hard to find on internet. Specification and price of same model differs.
Can you please find some laptops?

Thank you.

MSI 6X62-7QL
the best laptop under 50k atm,

940MX , 7th gen I7 7500U, M.2 slot, FHD display, 3~ hour battery ,ddr4

there is a asus model too, with 940mx

also there is no much difference between 2 or 4 gb 940mx or GDDR3 or 5

FHD screen is perfect, Pretty Standard from E-sports to just about anything, i can't handle anything below, Text looks small because u dont adjust the Text size in windows, and there are laptops with curved 4K 144HZ displays too

you won't get battery backup and a entry level gpu in 1 package in india, Pick one.

MSI 6X62-7QL
the best laptop under 50k atm,

940MX , 7th gen I7 7500U, M.2 slot, FHD display, 3~ hour battery ,ddr4

there is a asus model too, with 940mx

also there is no much difference between 2 or 4 gb 940mx or GDDR3 or 5

FHD screen is perfect, Pretty Standard from E-sports to just about anything, i can't handle anything below, Text looks small because u dont adjust the Text size in windows, and there are laptops with curved 4K 144HZ displays too

you won't get battery backup and a entry level gpu in 1 package in india, Pick one.

That MSI is on top list, but little overbudget. If I can't find suitable laptop in 45k I will choose that MSI.

I don't have problem with FHD and its user choice what he wants.
(2nd Reply of those thread have problem with FHD)

Actually AutoCAD and other mechanical engineering related software atleast need good GPU and battery.

Yes there is Asus model. I liked it.
Asus R558UQ DM513D (good battery backup and overall good choice)
Acer Aspire E5-575G-30UG (only available in Croma Store, but good VFM)

Please check it and tell me difference.
Thank you.

The asus model you mentioned has only 4gb memory, though it should work just fine with autocad but you might put additional 8gb stick just in case.
I cannot find the exact acer model(Google search shows -53vg )
Again the resolution I mentioned is the HD and it is a personal opinion since I have seen laptops with fhd resolution for just name sake.
My friend uses a dell laptop (hd resolution) that has way sharper screen that the other friend who got hp(which is fhd)
Ps. Some lappy come with stupid features like finger print sensor and touchscreen which you won't need so stay away from them

The asus model you mentioned has only 4gb memory, though it should work just fine with autocad but you might put additional 8gb stick just in case.
I cannot find the exact acer model(Google search shows -53vg )
Again the resolution I mentioned is the HD and it is a personal opinion since I have seen laptops with fhd resolution for just name sake.
My friend uses a dell laptop (hd resolution) that has way sharper screen that the other friend who got hp(which is fhd)
Ps. Some lappy come with stupid features like finger print sensor and touchscreen which you won't need so stay away from them
That Acer laptop only available in Croma Store.
Acer official site didn't mentioned is name and anything about it.
How we can find legitimacy of every laptop shown by shopping sites?

Touch screen and finger print are just for show-off.

That MSI is on top list, but little overbudget. If I can't find suitable laptop in 45k I will choose that MSI.

Actually AutoCAD and other mechanical engineering related software atleast need good GPU and battery.

Thank you.

Msi sells for 43k, @Abhay.MSI can provide more info on it.

Asus is better, Acer has a 4th gen processor and in the long run, ASUS might come out better

Thank you.

Hi @PHOENiX117 ,
Thanks for the tag

Hi @TigerKing,
You can go for MSI CX62 7QL which is available for Rs 53,990/- online

http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5740

Currently out of stock on Amazon, soon the new stock will arrive there too.

Amazon.in
http://www.amazon.in/MSI-CX62-7QL-15-6-inch-i7-7500U/dp/B01N64XLAT/

Snapdeal.com
https://www.snapdeal.com/product/msi-15-cx62-7ql-notebook/674326414731

PAYTM
https://paytm.com/shop/p/msi-cx62-7...aphics-black-LAPMSI-CX62-7QLAMAZ29104D4B4FA2D

The IT DEPOT
https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...+4GB,+1TB,+GTX+940MX+2GB+GDDR3)_C9P27788.html

This is a very good Laptop for Tight budget and good performance requirement.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/CX62-7QL.html#hero-specification

you can upgrade the RAM upto 32GB and SATA M.2 SSD as per your requirements.

The features of the system is:-
  • Latest 7th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX graphics with higher performance
  • 15.6" Productive computing
  • USB Type-C reversible plug
  • 4 Speakers system delivering perfectly balanced and clear sound experience
  • Audio Boost enhancing the gaming headset sound detail and sound stage
  • Matrix Display supporting 4K output up to 2 external monitors
  • Ergonomic Keyboard with comfortable and responsive typing experience
  • Exclusive SHIFT technology boosts performance under controlled noise & temperature
  • Exclusive Cooler Boost Technology
  • USB3.0 data transfer technology
The main feature of the laptop being the cooling system ie cooler boost, it helps to keep temperature in control while using the system at high performance and also the i7 7th gen processor which makes you to use the system with compromise.

Let me know you are in which city I'll give you the contact person of that city for good deals that can be offered in case you want to buy offline from a store.

for Delhi you can contact - Mr Rachit +919310155513
Mr Gaurav +919313005808

Or PM me your number I'll tell them contact you.

I am a big fan of FHD IPS displays and imo they make a huge difference. You can easily adjust the text size so I don't know what all that hullabaloo is about. Also, you should ideally get one that has a slot for an SSD so that you have the option of adding one later.

Any upcoming laptops suggestion? Price 45K.

Hi @TigerKing ,
Currently the CX62 7QL is the least priced laptop form MSI notebooks in India

15895713_1423769787633788_3591463357852672990_o.jpg

940mx and non-ips for that amount isn't a particularly good deal.

I found many 940mx and IPS screen laptop in 45K budget. But many compromises on HDD, CPU, RAM and OS.

Asus R558UQ DM513D is good overall what I wanted. But only problem with DOS.
I suggested this laptop to bro, but he wants OS also in that budget. He isn't comfortable with installing any pirated or free OS.

That is why he wants more suggestion.

Please read 1st post and recommend some laptops.

Intel 6th gen/7th gen CPU, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM (or 4GB not soldered or replaceable), 940mx, Windows 10, IPS and FHD matte screen.
Please mention proper link and with model no.

Thank you.

Back