Suggest Landline Cordless Phone upto 3k

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

Looking for a Landline cordless phone - upto 3K

I need a landline cordless phone with decent range indoors for a 1BHK flat - 660 sq feet carpet area.

REQUIREMENTS
- Screen Display should be large and clear
- Speakerphone
- Caller-ID

FRUSTRATED - This is probably my 5th purchase in the past 12-13 years.

I have tried Panasonic (3 times) and Beetel (once). Even a paired-set (corded and wireless). Spent max upto 5K in the past.

At the start - 1-2 years everything is fine
- then display weakens or freaks out
- Battery needs charging everyday - even if one speaks for just 10-20 mins each day
- set conks out
- So is it a given that these devices last for just 2-3 years ?

I wanted to try something new this time - Gigaset A490 (Seimens) but wifie was not happy with the rather poor screen display (no clarity)

My existing set is a Panasonic - KX-TG6411 DECT 6.0 whose display has conked off (I have changed batteries too .... :mad:)

Thanks

Terry

Strange isssue, Panasonic is known for its Cordless handsets. The batteries do die after a year or two... Where do you keep the phone? is it a corner with little or no airflow in that area?I guess moisture may be the culprit here...

^^ it could be because of Ni-Cd batteries used back then. they suffer from memory effect and die quickly if not charged in the right way.

look for phones with Li-on batteries... they are quite small and look like mobile phones of 2000.

That's the kx-tg7302

I'd looked around and found kx-tg2511 which is Rs.2k less.

Thing is i don't see any of these phones listed on panasonic's india site. Just ebay & other sites.

i think they are genuine but it means no warranty or rather sellers warranty. Looking on FK i saw no dect models available which implies these were not launched in India. These are grey market imports.

How do you find the performance and range. How long can you talk before the battery runs low. 2xAAA is better than proprietary ni-cd.

I need this to be able to work at least 20 feet through two eleven inch brick walls. And that is where the cost concerns me. As in its too cheap. A $40 phone isn't going to have as powerful a transmitter as a $100 phone.

Last edited:
they are just normal brick walls maybe 6-8inches thick only. We dont use the phone svery extensively, so need to chnarge only one week or so. also they are on 1.9Ghz so no interference with my Wifi on 2.4Ghz

I think this should be workable for me :)

3 x 6-8 (working perfectly) = 16 -24 = ~ 2 x 11 inches

Was thinking of getting a two handset model and keeping one as a spare given terry's experience.

Will get this from a local store. I don't trust these online merchants to send me the right model and i don't want a run around.

Back