Linux suggest: Linux from USB Drive

I know there must be many distros that can boot from USB flash drives, but I'm rather cutting my research down by taking opinion from all u linux guyz here to suggest me a nice lean distro that I can boot from my corsair 8gb flash drive or transcend 60GB external HDD.

I want to use this on a Dell latitude 630 laptop for some R&D, wanna make a linux server to develop some J2ME apps.
I can't install directly on my laptop 'coz it official & I can't play around with it. So best is to leave its hard disk untouched & have a USB drive boot with a Linux distro

Pls point me to what distro w'd best suit my needs.

What you need is UNetbootin.

"UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for a variety of Linux distributions from Windows or Linux, without requiring you to burn a CD. You can either let it download one of the many distributions supported out-of-the-box for you, or supply your own Linux .iso file if you've already downloaded one or your preferred distribution isn't on the list."

What this means is that with this software, which happens to be available for both Windows and Linux, you can install nearly any distribution on your Pen Drive. I am currently running Linux Mint from my pendrive which I installed with the help of this easy-to-use software.I don't think it's even listed in the supported distributions, still it runs without any problem.

If you wanna install Dreamlinux ,Puppy Linux , Ubuntu provide pendrive installer.

If you want LIVE distro type USGB try Unetboot in :)

Back