PC Peripherals Suggest me a color printer

avi

Skilled
Need a color printer, but I am not sure about cost/specs. Cheaper the better

It will be used to take 10-15 color prints every week. And lets say cost per print should be around 10 INR.

budget - say 5-10K? cheaper the better. features like wifi, scanning etc are not required

(this is not for me, I am asking behalf of someone else)

Unless you are sure that you will be using it to print every week, I do not suggest any inkjet printer that does not have CISS. Most of the time when you do not use the inkjet printer regularly the inkjet printer nozzle gets clogged up. As a result the nozzle cleanup takes away lot of ink for cleaning. Sometimes, the nozzles get so clogged up that it is not worth cleaning anymore. For a slightly higher budget you can get CISS printers from Brother, Epson etc. These printers do an automatic periodic cleanup maintenance cycle so you do not have to worry about clogged up nozzles. I have a Brother DCP-T500W that does the automatic periodic cleaning. It costs around 12K. The no frills model without wifi etc will probably cost around 10K.

A printer is generally a waste of money & space.

10-15 prints a week at Rs. 10 each. Get the printing done outside.

Leave it for a month or so, tanks will dry. And, the cartridges are Expensive.

10-15 prints a week at Rs. 10 each. Get the printing done outside.
Though I do agree with above, but its not possible and they need a printer

Unless you are sure that you will be using it to print every week, I do not suggest any inkjet printer that does not have CISS. Most of the time when you do not use the inkjet printer regularly the inkjet printer nozzle gets clogged up. As a result the nozzle cleanup takes away lot of ink for cleaning. Sometimes, the nozzles get so clogged up that it is not worth cleaning anymore. For a slightly higher budget you can get CISS printers from Brother, Epson etc. These printers do an automatic periodic cleanup maintenance cycle so you do not have to worry about clogged up nozzles. I have a Brother DCP-T500W that does the automatic periodic cleaning. It costs around 12K. The no frills model without wifi etc will probably cost around 10K.
yes, I am very sure that it will be used weekly (and almost daily)

how much will be the cost per print if I go with CISS printers?

Go for epson Ink with ink tank. They are very economical. HP ink cartridges are very expensive. Once I broke a HP cartridge, I was surprised to find a sponge measuring just 1cm x 1cm x 1cm in a large looking cartridge. It felt like as if the company was cheating the customers.

Though I do agree with above, but its not possible and they need a printer

yes, I am very sure that it will be used weekly (and almost daily)

how much will be the cost per print if I go with CISS printers?

I am still on the first set of ink bottles that came with the printer. I filled the ink into the ink tanks and there is still a lot of ink left in both the tanks and the bottles. My kids usually print around 6 to 7 pages a week but at times around 20 to 30 per week. I have already run through one ream of papers (500) in a little over 8 months now. The cost per average color print comes to 10 to 12 paise per print. I am referring to color prints with 20% text and 80% pictures. The overall paper coverage will probably around 30%-40%. Most of the prints I take are black with hardly 5% paper coverage.

There could be other CISS printers such as Epson that also do automatic nozzle cleaning periodically. You might want to check those as well.

Back