iOS Suggest me an iPad Air Case

neerajvohra

Disciple
I have purchased three different cases, one from Amzer, one from Capdase Keeper and another one was local TPU. Invested 4k in covers and still not satisfied with the quality of cases. I am a bit fan of Spigen Case, which I am using with my iPad mini Retina and iPhone 5, its a shame they don't manufacture same quality case for iPad Air.

If any of you using any iPad Air case, which you think is the best one, be it for 400 rs or 4000rs. Please share it with me, cause I dont have enough patience left to keep on testing covers and waste money.

Please suggest only if you're actually using it and is happy with it. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey! I had the same issue when I bought my iPad Air. The lack of availability of quality cases really bothered me, especially since I got mine a week after launch. The best case that you can buy at the moment is either the Apple Smart Case or the Moshi Versacover.

I'm using the Versacover with my Air and I love it. Key highlights are as follows:

1. Slim form factor, doesn't add too much bulk.
2. Transparent rear enclosure lets you show off the beauty of the iPad air without sacrificing on protection.
3. Origami style folding cover let's you view the iPad at a least 3 different angles.
4. Wake/sleep mode works as the cover has built in magnets.

I decided to get the Versacover after extensive research. My priority was rear protection a long with a slim form factor. This one fits the bill to the T.

It's ONLY available at the Apple Store at InOrbit mall Malad, Mumbai. Costs around 6.5K. Worth every penny.

Hope this helps.

Yes. Excellent case. Bought like 4 or 5 of different cases and decided on this. But any case, the ipad becomes "heavy". This one at least keeps it slim.

I saw one of my friends use this case for his black ipad I felt the contrast between the black ipad and the fluorescent green inner lining was just stunning. Easily the best looking of the ones I've come accross so far. Slightly bulky but very functional and stylish.

http://www.capdase.com/minisite/ipad/en/level5.php?cc=320&c1=456&c2=702&c3=702&id=960
You just hit the nail, this is what I was looking for, a good cover which goes well with my Black iPad. Let me see from where I can order this one. Will post pics here asa I get it. Thanks a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1391144234][/DOUBLEPOST]
Buying a case/cover for ipad is becoming more difficult than buying the ipad itself!

So true :p

You just hit the nail, this is what I was looking for, a good cover which goes well with my Black iPad. Let me see from where I can order this one. Will post pics here asa I get it. Thanks a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1391144234][/DOUBLEPOST]

So true :p

Cool! Hope you like it! Consider the one which @m-jeri suggested too. It looks like a great case. While that one has slimmer, lighter profile and uses ?water resistant materials, the capdase case surely looks better because of the contrast and is more protective because of the complete inner shell. I wish Logitech launched the same black case with a more contrasting color of the inner lining like the capdase case though.

Aye! That's the one. However, click on the iPad Air tab, the rear cover is transparent as opposed to the one in your link. I got the Aloe Green 'cause the Denim Blue was out of stock.

Much better than both the Logitech and Capdase cases. Not only are they bulky, but they hide the "body" of the iPad. If you don't want to show it off, might as well get an Otterbox Defender and keep it "safe" :p.

^^

Thats the exact reason I got the Logitech. The tab once fell from my hand when i was taking it from the table. Yes shag carpeting was there on the floor, so no matter which case, it may be fine. But the Logitech protects it with enough clearance on sides.

In case any one is still interested here are some pics of the Capdase folder dot folio case for the iPad air

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204192.539806.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204204.272903.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204216.823351.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204231.357590.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204242.309844.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204174.855504.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1392204174.855504.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 208
@itsvel06 how much did it cost you and from where did you buy it? And btw are u selling it?

I am looking for a good case & screengaurd (especially at rear) for my Air. Anyplace I can buy in India? Any recommendations?

@itsvel06 are u selling it?

@itsvel06 how much did it cost you and from where did you buy it? And btw are u selling it?

I am looking for a good case & screengaurd (especially at rear) for my Air. Anyplace I can buy in India? Any recommendations?

No sorry guys, I'm not selling the case. The case was bought from the ebay capdase store for Rs. 2799. http://www.ebay.in/itm/380837577731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Buying online is usually best as it opens up a lot of choices and with cod offered by most dealers it becomes a no brainer.

I would strongly suggest splurging once on one proper branded high quality case like this rather than trying to save up on unbranded cases. In my opinion, amongst the cases I've used, the folio cases are usually the best as they offer both protection and functionality. If you are buying a folio case you can even get away with skipping to buy a screen protector because the screen is covered at all times when the ipad is not in use, which is usually when the scratches on the screen occur most of the time.

I would strongly recommend the capdase folio dot case to any potential buyer. And a couple of other excellent cases besides the capdase folio dot which you might consider are the Logitech folio case http://www.logitech.com/en-in/product/folio-protective-case-for-ipad (Thin, light,good protection, ?waterproof cover material) and the Rock impress ipad air http://www.ebay.in/itm/Rock-Impress...Mobile_Accessories&hash=item19e671878c&_uhb=1 (similar to the Logitech case, but includes a good quality screen protector bundled) ... Both of these cases I don't think offer a portrait stand (which I rarely use) unlike the capdase case and are a little less bulky as a result.

Btw am very happy with the ipad smart case leather cover from apple

But just hate the black color

Yeah the apple's case is very good indeed. But personally, the self folding design was not versatile/sturdy enough for my needs. For example, I tend to use the iPad when I'm lying on my bed a lot of times and for the case to be functional it needs to have the screen propped up at a right angle to the surface so that the screen is viewable when lying flat, but the smart case just can't do it. It's a bummer for me personally...That's why I decided to take the aftermarket route.

Back