Suggest me books in C/Algorithms/DataStructures

C -Ritche (There is no alternative) but you can start with "A Book On C" by kelly but eventually, you have to read Ritche.

C++ :" Accelerated C++" by Andrew Koenig is a damn good book

For algorithms and data structure you can try reading "How to Solve it by Computer" By Dromney

Hope this will help.

Guys could there be any book simpler than Cormen for Algorithms ?
cormen is simple but will take to get through since it is quite dense....you can find lots of solutions for the problems online afaik

code examples are in psudocode, not any speicific languages

^No no, I am finding hard to understand concepts only. I understood the theory part, but understanding mathematical equations for analysis was bit tough for me. I had to refer online sites etc. And spent lots of time, that's why.

Analysis of algorithms is as important as understanding the algorithms themselves. Analysis is the tool that really empowers you in usage.

As a bonus, http://www.udacity.com/ is a fantastic resource. Started by Sebastian Thrun, a professor from Stanford who believes that the current university level education system just doesn't work.

Yup, so books provide good easy explanation for maths & analysis part ?

Studying online is good, but I am finding I am wasting more time. So I am back to old school method, i.e. books

Yup, so books provide good easy explanation for maths & analysis part ?

An explanation will be easy/good only once you understand it
<

Studying online is good, but I am finding I am wasting more time. So I am back to old school method, i.e. books

Neither of the extremes(only books/only internet) are all that useful.

Use them both and you should do well :)

Back