Car & Bike Suggest mobile phone holder for car

raksrules

Elite
Can anyone suggest a good mobile phone holder for using inside a car ? Mostly the intention is to use the holder windshield mounted and should be able to accommodate iPhone 4S and also iphone 6 plus.
I intend to use any of these devices as GPS unit as needed.
I know most of these don't work well as dashboard mount due to the textured surface.
In cheap ones I have found the below 2 options good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423308096.219499.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423308112.516612.jpg

Please suggest.
On a side note, is there any holder available which is flexible enough to accommodate a phone of size of iPhone 4S or tablet of size of nexus 7. I reckon there won't be but just Incase anyone knows any please do mention.

Those options are really expensive. I am looking for cheap solutions, at least initially. That is why I listed the ones in first post. They can be got for under 200 Rs on ebay and such.

go to Manish market or equivalent market in your area and buy a chinese holder. It sits well via the suction cup on the glass or the dashboard.
Have 3 of them, 150 each, looks gr8. Atleast 2 yrs old each.
Make sure whatever you buy has a good bottom tray to it.

I have bought the one you posted, its absolute crap, came off whenever i took a hard corner or braked hard, the suction wore off in a month or so. If you plan to use the mobile cradle often, i would recommend a ac-vent mount one or something more expensive (the ones from ~1000) or so, if you are willing to splurge, get a RAM Mount (happyearth.in has them in india), they are the best, but very pricey. I have a RAM for my bike, and it works perfectly.

@soggy316

The only issue I have with AC Vent mounts is that it can break the vents sometimes due to weight of the phone. Also an AC Vent mount means that one has to take his eyes off the road to look at the phone screen.
I have actually used the mount shown in the very first pic before and it did work well. Only thing was that many a times due to phone weight (iPhone 4), it would sort of bow down and I have make it up again.

go to Manish market or equivalent market in your area and buy a chinese holder. It sits well via the suction cup on the glass or the dashboard.
Have 3 of them, 150 each, looks gr8. Atleast 2 yrs old each.
Make sure whatever you buy has a good bottom tray to it.

Can you find any online pic of the ones you are mentioning ? Also here in Pune, near to my place there is nothing equivalent to Manish Market and going to the one at Mohammed Ali road totally defeats the purpose of buying a cheaper one. I can easily get some of those chinese ones delivered home for under 200 Rs.

I found that mounting the chinese suction type holders in such a way that the bottom of the holder/phone rests on the dashboard gives you the best result. Earlier I mounted these higher and twice it fell. I placed a small piece of black sponge (2inch) between the phone holder and the dash to prevent rattles. Working fine for me.

There was one for 800 or so but doesn't seem to be available anywhere now.

Yes...it looks like all Capdase product from every where gone out of stock

For Time Tested Capdase product to look for : Capdase HR00-CA01 <- This product used by other TE'ians including me, The best one out there which is Wind Shield or Glass Mounted - Cost nearly over 1k mark when I bought. But recently I found difficulty with it.

Pros ; For GPS usage it is the best - You can keep your eye in the road as well Mobile GPS screen.
Cons : If you got a Large / Bulky Dash - Due to Windscreen mount it is hard to reach specially with seat belt on. It obstruct view if a large phone put on it say 5 inch or bigger - This is not acceptable if user need to drive in congested road.

http://www.flipkart.com/capdase-hr0...dase&ref=346d40c7-0983-4866-aacc-d73cf0b14f7c

So to make thing straight I opt out Capdase HR00-CV01 (from Amazon India [Fulfilled] last month) <- This product A/C vent mounted.

and just read the Pros & Cons of the previous product reverse order.

http://www.flipkart.com/capdase-hr0...dase&ref=346d40c7-0983-4866-aacc-d73cf0b14f7c

Though none of the product available no where .

I had liked the capdase HR00-CA01 but it is not available anywhere. Still looking.[DOUBLEPOST=1423557173][/DOUBLEPOST]@dissel

The below croma link does have the HR00-CA01 but no idea whether actually available or not. When I click the Buy Now, it asks for pin code and after entering it and pressing submit nothing happens.

Btw I found Amkette M30 which seems to be same as the capdase one.
Any idea how that is ? It also comes with 3M disc to use the mount on dashboard, which I think is a plus since by itself, the suction area won't work on dashboards.

Last edited:
I had liked the capdase HR00-CA01 but it is not available anywhere. Still looking.[DOUBLEPOST=1423557173][/DOUBLEPOST]@dissel

The below croma link does have the HR00-CA01 but no idea whether actually available or not. When I click the Buy Now, it asks for pin code and after entering it and pressing submit nothing happens.

Btw I found Amkette M30 which seems to be same as the capdase one.
Any idea how that is ? It also comes with 3M disc to use the mount on dashboard, which I think is a plus since by itself, the suction area won't work on dashboards.

Croma Retail now showing Out Of Stock......

Though I never use this,

Found Amkette M30 in Amazon India (495/- fulfilled) - By seeing the picture posted @ Amazon India - It is a exact replica of the Capdase HR00-CA01.

Using 3m Adhesive means it is permanent fix on Dash Board and you can't un-install when you need to give your car for servicing and hence the product goes to mercy of the cleaner / wash guys who sometimes release there frustration on the additional acc. And if you own a premium / expensive car you don't want to stick anything permanently @ Dashboard.

My question why provide 3m Adhesive tape / ring when it can be mounted in Windshield - You need to research about's it suction cup's ability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slight Correction : I got the Capdase HR00-CA01 at 899/- from Ebay 14-07-2013 not over 1k bucks - Apologies for wrong info posted in my previous post.

Croma Retail now showing Out Of Stock......

Though I never use this,

Found Amkette M30 in Amazon India (495/- fulfilled) - By seeing the picture posted @ Amazon India - It is a exact replica of the Capdase HR00-CA01.

Using 3m Adhesive means it is permanent fix on Dash Board and you can't un-install when you need to give your car for servicing and hence the product goes to mercy of the cleaner / wash guys who sometimes release there frustration on the additional acc. And if you own a premium / expensive car you don't want to stick anything permanently @ Dashboard.

My question why provide 3m Adhesive tape / ring when it can be mounted in Windshield - You need to research about's it suction cup's ability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slight Correction : I got the Capdase HR00-CA01 at 899/- from Ebay 14-07-2013 not over 1k bucks - Apologies for wrong info posted in my previous post.

Actually, they have provided the 3M disc only for dashboard mount. It is not related to suction capability since the suction anyways is not going to work on dashboard. I don't think any company gives an alternate if one doesn't want windshield mount. I think it is good Amkette is giving this.
Also I believe that only the disc will be permanent attachment and not the entire mount because if you check the pics, you will notice that the upper side of disc seems to be a smooth surface and we should ideally use the suction on the non adhesive upper side of disc. So when giving for servicing, you can easily remove the mount like you can from a windshield.

I am planning to go with the Amkette at this moment and amazon seems cheapest with free shipping.

Actually, they have provided the 3M disc only for dashboard mount. It is not related to suction capability since the suction anyways is not going to work on dashboard. I don't think any company gives an alternate if one doesn't want windshield mount. I think it is good Amkette is giving this.
Also I believe that only the disc will be permanent attachment and not the entire mount because if you check the pics, you will notice that the upper side of disc seems to be a smooth surface and we should ideally use the suction on the non adhesive upper side of disc. So when giving for servicing, you can easily remove the mount like you can from a windshield.

I am planning to go with the Amkette at this moment and amazon seems cheapest with free shipping.

If your need is urgent - Go Ahead and buy M30 - No harm can cause for 500 bucks...

just reading Amazon review - It looks like Capdase products just recently went out of stock.

Can you find any online pic of the ones you are mentioning ? Also here in Pune, near to my place there is nothing equivalent to Manish Market and going to the one at Mohammed Ali road totally defeats the purpose of buying a cheaper one. I can easily get some of those chinese ones delivered home for under 200 Rs.
Ill click and send a pic at night. I will click it in the car, 2 years and its never come off, not once in all the 3 cars.
A friend uses one he got from samsung, pretty solid quality. He said its around 850.

Back