CPU/Mobo Suggest mobo for AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE

I am going to purchase Mobo for phenom 550BE today. Urgent suggestion is needed.
Biostar 790GXBE @ 3.9K+ vat
Biostar 790GX128M @ 4.4 ~ 4.6 in some shops.
Which once should i choose or any other choice. Checked cooler master cabinet Elite model 1.8K + tax. How this is compared with zebby Bijili, Antibiotic or pro series like black jack.
PSU could be cooler master real power 460 price is 3.8 + tax :huh:
No seasonic is available in Ritchie.

which version of elite cabinet?? 310/33x ??
i have a 310 elite one and is way better than bijli and may be little inferior to antibiotic regarding features..

CM elite would be way better than bijli or even antibiotic...the antibiotic fans are just there for show, they have no practical use...

Anyway the biostar is a very good mobo and is complete VFM.

Thanks guys. I am proud to join finally in phenom II club :hap2: . This chip is awesome muah...3.7 GHz @ 1.35V, 50C idle. I have used my stock AMD athlon cooler much bigger than phenom cooler. Purchased biostar 790GX128M and zebby pro 350 for 6K. I was in a hurry it was 8:30PM all shops were closing. Later at home i found out the paddle card and power sata cable is missing :mad: since the box i opened and no other stock is available. I will be going tomm to get the paddle card and also another transcend memory is busted with the 780G mobo. Need to give rma tomm.

Now some suggestions for PSU. Enquired corsair VX450 for 3.9+ tax and cooler master real power pro for 3600+tax. Damn my system is with no HDD hence could not check the stability.

vijaycool said:
Thanks guys. I am proud to join finally in phenom II club :hap2: . This chip is awesome muah...3.7 GHz @ 1.35V, 50C idle. I have used my stock AMD athlon cooler much bigger than phenom cooler. Purchased biostar 790GX128M and zebby pro 350 for 6K. I was in a hurry it was 8:30PM all shops were closing. Later at home i found out the paddle card and power sata cable is missing :mad: since the box i opened and no other stock is available. I will be going tomm to get the paddle card and also another transcend memory is busted with the 780G mobo. Need to give rma tomm.
Now some suggestions for PSU. Enquired corsair VX450 for 3.9+ tax and cooler master real power pro for 3600+tax. Damn my system is with no HDD hence could not check the stability.

Corair VX 450~CM 460w.
Pay max 3.7k for CM 460w max(incl tax).........not worth more than tht when pampered VX 450 is arnd 300 bucks extra:eek:hyeah:

I am just happy this chips OC's very easy. I attained 3.89 Ghz with slightly increasing the voltage to 1.3625V. One thing i cant understand what is cpu vid where i selected this value and cpu over voltage this is in fine steps.
DSCF5183.jpg

enable the pstate in bio ti tweak with vcore, multiplier etc. reduce the ht link speed if u have already ocing with higher cpu clocks keeping multuplier low.

@vijaycool

if not going for a good GPU, the pro 350 is more than enough.

btw, ive tested my proccy with both new PII 550 cooler and older AM2+ cooler which is heavier. I found the new light weight cooler bit efficient [bout 3~4c cooler on avg].

The new design is more efficient, with almost double air passage. The center beam evenly distributes the heat to all the fins.

Also the center beam seems to have sort of vacuum cavity with vapor filled [not sure as it is showing a circular patch on bottom as well as on top like a circular cavity as in other vapor filled coolers], hence this light weight. Im sure the new one shud do better results than the old heavier one.

ill be drilling my X2 550 cooler once i get another aftermarket cooler for my rig 2. Will have to find the truth if it really has ny vapor chamber.

Just use a good thermal compound like TX2,MX2 or AS5.....TX2 being best, MX2 following closely behind.

dOm1naTOr said:
@vijaycool
if not going for a good GPU, the pro 350 is more than enough.

btw, ive tested my proccy with both new PII 550 cooler and older AM2+ cooler which is heavier. I found the new light weight cooler bit efficient [bout 3~4c cooler on avg].
The new design is more efficient, with almost double air passage. The center beam evenly distributes the heat to all the fins.
Also the center beam seems to have sort of vacuum cavity with vapor filled [not sure as it is showing a circular patch on bottom as well as on top like a circular cavity as in other vapor filled coolers], hence this light weight. Im sure the new one shud do better results than the old heavier one.

ill be drilling my X2 550 cooler once i get another aftermarket cooler for my rig 2. Will have to find the truth if it really has ny vapor chamber.
Just use a good thermal compound like TX2,MX2 or AS5.....TX2 being best, MX2 following closely behind.

Yes.. The older heat sink is heavier and passes airflow in one direction and no airflow to SB750. The heat sink for SB is very massive and heats too much. The idle temps were 55 C with athlon cooler @2.9ghz. Let me check with this cooler.

55c idle
thats too much yaar.
my stock cooler was giving me idle of about 28c @ 3.1ghz, quad unlocked , cool and quiet enabled. Without cnq, it was some 38~42c.

this really helped bring down the chipset temps:D

Installed stock cooler and the temps were down by 49C earlier with athlon cooler its 55C @3.9ghz . I couldnot yield more than a mhz even after increasing voltage .

Back