Suggest motherboard for core i7 920

hames

Disciple
Hi

Pls suggest a good motherboard for core i7 920.
as per the reviews i found gigabyte x58a ud3r to be decent and within budget. but the problem is its no where available. if available pls suggest where it is available.i live in mumbai.
kindly suggest a decent motherboard which is available, my budget is around 12k.

was planning for MSI but after reading lots of reviews that its ioc runs too hot above 70 degrees, not willing to go for it.

Sumit05 said:
Go for Intel WX58BP - 10.8k
OR MSI X58 Pro-E - 11.3k

The above mentioned boards are no match for the UD3R :cool2:

as for that it will release in the market on the 14th of April so wait coz the board looks Kick*** :eek:hyeah:

MSI x58 Pro-E is a [strike]good[/strike] great board for the price. Overclocking is very easy with the Pro E. Regarding the IOH temps, you can place a spot cool fan over it, and temps will be around 50-55 degrees which is completely acceptable & safe.

ALPHA17 said:
The above mentioned boards are no match for the UD3R :cool2:

as for that it will release in the market on the 14th of April so wait coz the board looks Kick*** :eek:hyeah:

is it confirmed that it is going to be released on 14th april.
if any source of this information is available pls share. i can wait till 14th if its confirmed news.

hames said:
is it confirmed that it is going to be released on 14th april.
if any source of this information is available pls share. i can wait till 14th if its confirmed news.

I am not hundred% sure but the father of my pal is a Gigabyte Supplier and he said so and expected hitting prices are around :eek:hyeah: 14K :S

and don't buy the MSI board my college friend bought it and tried to over clock it threw up a lot of tantrums like temp hike instability etc etc :mad:

Will suggest the MSI Pro-E, amazing board for its Price, yes the IOH runs hot but place a small fan on top of it, and the temp drops to 50s as suggested by alcy....Have used 3 MSI-Pro-E at different times, all of them could take my chip to 4.8Ghz benchable on air, 4.4Ghz 24/7 stable....

@alpha17

thanks for the info.

@thebanik

i wont be overclocking beyond 3.6 -3.8 Ghz as the performance per watt would be declining beyond it (tomshardware review)

to all other wanna be owners of this board from Mumbai pm me so that can we go for bulk purchase and get some sizable discount.will update once this board is out.

Back