Suggest Online Document Backup

rishimittal

Disciple
I had been using Laptop with lots of critical data in it.

Can you suggest me any free online backup site that can provide following free features -

-> Space upto 1-2gb
-> Free Service
-> Support all file types
-> Have software which I can install on my computer which automatically sync by data with their site.

few site I had found are
Idrive.com
mozy.com

forget all those sites......create a free account here....

FilesAnywhere Online File Storage, Internet Backup, File Sharing, WebDAV Web Folders, Secure FTP, Online Document Viewer, Photos, Version Control

1gb file storage / supports all file systems / u can create unique links that can expire too / have logs / etc etc tons of features u won't find anywhere else....can create folders / password protect etc etc just too much.....

been using it personally since past 1 month now , after a lot of reading and finding and checking out features supported by other similar providers i narrowed down on this.

I repeat : I havent seen ANY provider giving sooo many features , fully functional - for FREE. Its just excellent!!!

thetechmind said:
forget all those sites......create a free account here....

FilesAnywhere Online File Storage, Internet Backup, File Sharing, WebDAV Web Folders, Secure FTP, Online Document Viewer, Photos, Version Control

1gb file storage / supports all file systems / u can create unique links that can expire too / have logs / etc etc tons of features u won't find anywhere else....can create folders / password protect etc etc just too much.....

been using it personally since past 1 month now , after a lot of reading and finding i narrowed down on it.

Perfect:eek:hyeah:

Try LiveMesh from Microsoft. They provide 5 GB freespace with the sync software. Install the software right click on the folder that you would like to sync and Voilla.

Else try their SkyDrive feture with 25 GB for free if space is of concern.

cant use

FileAnywhere - cant risk my data as they remove backup if not logged in for 60 days

google docs - as i have to sync all data like jpg, cdr, docs, odt, pdf etc.

4share

or

sky drive - I have to add file manually. no automatic upload by software for

particular folders as the content in folder changes.

Till now idrive is best

livemesh still to test - looks good but not have good control (also no version history maintained)

I cannot beleive you havent heard about DropBox :O

DropBox offers 2GB of free space (on free account), includes compatibility with many file types, and it's manager is the most seamless software that can sync any data on your PC to the account online.

It's a bit better than Live Mesh (I haven't used it, just quoting from friend's experience) mainly because of seamless syncing of data

Dropbox, 2GB of space extendible upto 5 GB
Client for windows as well as linux
Simple and fast web interface
No ads
You can provide direct links to your files in case you need to share them with others.

Back