[Suggest] Rechargeable Battery Kit [AA Size]

@qm : my (and switch`s too) charger gives you 80% of battery capacity in 20-25 mins and gives you full charge in one and half hours for 2100 rated batteried. the charge time may be longer for higher rater batteries may be 30 mins for 2500 rated batteries.

you can run like 10 mins charge for 10-12 shots in emergency with my charger.

the charger i am talking is mostly used by photographers and it does not support AAA batteries

hope it helps.

my charger gives me full charge for 2500mah batteries in approx 10-15 mins...another sony charger i have does the same in 6hrs..
while charging in the energizer ultra fast charger, the batteries get a bit warm, but it has a 60mm fan rated at quite a high cfm, right beneath the batteries which keeps them cool

Quad Master said:
So guys can i use 1600/2100/2200/2300/2500 mAh without ne fear on the iriver.

Also I came across this Camelion batteries & charger.

As I mentioned earlier, you could get the camelion battery and charger from JJ Mehta but he has a slow charger that is only 200 bucks and takes a whole day to charge and a fast charger that takes a couple of hours but costs a bomb.

I bought the Eveready charger plus 4 cells for about 950 bucks when they were just introduced.

I can't believe the price would have dropped down to 350. Please look at the rating. I think these must be 700 mAH NiCads.

The Eveready charger I have with the 950 buck package is reasonably fast. Haven't timed it but I think it takes about 4 hours. The batteries are 2100 mAH. If you buy batteries alone, they used to cost 250 a pair.

And BTW the charger also charges AAA cells.

apollyon said:
my charger gives me full charge for 2500mah batteries in approx 10-15 mins...another sony charger i have does the same in 6hrs..
while charging in the energizer ultra fast charger, the batteries get a bit warm, but it has a 60mm fan rated at quite a high cfm, right beneath the batteries which keeps them cool

How much did u pay for ur energizer + fast charger.
[i some how feel it will be very expensive :D]

archish said:
Hope everyone knows this
Fast Charger = Less Battery life (less no of charges)
Slow Charger = long Battery life.

So you have to choose between time and battery life

Also guys is this true.

Hey appo since how long u using this energizer 2500 mAh + fast chrager.

Fast Charger = Less Battery life (less no of charges)
Slow Charger = long Battery life.

No, that ain't entirely correct

This holds good only for NiCDs

As i said before, Fast chargers are MOSFET based and have controlled trickle charging which helps extend the life of NiMHs by a long margin

I will be getting NiMH based batteries only becoz of its advantages over NiCD.

Fast chargers are MOSFET based and have controlled trickle charging which helps extend the life of NiMHs by a long margin

Do u mean that fast charging extends NiMH's battery life

^^ Fast transformer based chargers are a big no-no
You need to pick up the Transformerless chargers...
You should be able to make that out from the weight and the form factor + the fact that transformerless charger specs would say 100-240 V input as the electronic (MOSFET based) fast chargers can adapt to varying input voltages across different countries
And yes, fast electronic chargers will give u a better battery life

Thanks Appo but is it available here in India.

And wanted to know for how much did u get it here for
or u got it from abroad.

And since how long are u using ur energizer with the fast charger.

got them from amazon...sis got it for me....using for the last 4-5 months...
btw the 2100mah batteries from the 950 wala everready kit sucks dd!
the charger is decent though...have that too

apollyon said:
.....btw the 2100mah batteries from the 950 wala everready kit sucks dd!.....

Mind elaborating? Any personal experience or just hearsay?

I have been using these since perhaps June 2005 or so with my Canon digicam. Work very well for me. Not only is the capacity very good, they have very low self discharge too.

The Sanyo ones I was using earlier were really bad.

Emil said:
I have been using these since perhaps June 2005 or so with my Canon digicam. Work very well for me. Not only is the capacity very good, they have very low self discharge too.

^^^ same experience....agree with ALL you have said.

Emil said:
Mind elaborating? Any personal experience or just hearsay?
not hearsay :) , had picked up the kit consisting of a charger n 4 2100mah batts for 950...n i can get only 100 odd shots compared to nearly 250-300 with the energizer 2200mah ones

apollyon said:
not hearsay :) , had picked up the kit consisting of a charger n 4 2100mah batts for 950...n i can get only 100 odd shots compared to nearly 250-300 with the energizer 2200mah ones
Thanks for the info. It appears either that I was lucky or you were unlucky.
Going by Eazy as a tie-breaker, perhaps you were unlucky :D
I prefer buying the GP (Eveready) batteries because we can be more or less certain that they are genuine. I certainly can't say that about the miriad other brands flooding the market like Sanyo, Sony, Panasonic, etc. Looks like they use the same batteries and package them in any label you desire. :)
No experience with Energizer rechargables.
What was the price of batteries and charger?

Back