Suggest refrigerator in upcoming sale

Yesterday walked in vijay sales and wife liked https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Refri...s=rt34m5518s8&qid=1569695302&s=gateway&sr=8-1

But its only available in grey silver. Now today will bargain with him as pr online prices so lets see.

We wanted more colors but even Samsung site doesn't list any and seems need to go with the ever boring grey silver.

I bought the same model but in 345 L size for 31,500 and 10% CB on finance with zero interest EMI.

So went to Vijay sales and they said Samsung RT34M5538S8/HL has issues like bubble appear on right side body within few days and samsung has temporarily discontinued the model.

So after spending an hour again wify liked this Panasonic model: NR-FBG31VSS3

It aint convertible but alls good as convertible isnt really necessary for us.

@blr_p Your thoughts on this model.

Last edited:
I can't comment on that particular model, but I have a panasonic fridge bought in 2011, bottom freezer and at that time they where the only ones offering inverter fridges but in 400l plus category. While mine is not a inverter compressor, the build quality of panasonic is definitely comparable to Hitachi fridge, which are a notch above the samsung and Lg.

I also have the samsung inverter fridge 320l version semi convertible model, where you can turn the freezer into fridge, the inverter compressor is audible compared to panasonic. While panasonic on some occassion is more audible during the defrost cycle.

So went to Vijay sales and they said Samsung RT34M5538S8/HL has issues like bubble appear on right side body within few days and samsung has temporarily discontinued the model.

So after spending an hour again wify liked this Panasonic model: NR-FBG31VSS3

It aint convertible but alls good as convertible isnt really necessary for us.

@blr_p Your thoughts on this model.
I have no idea what "bubble appear on right side of body within few days" means ?

How is Panasonic service in Pune ? that is one factor to consider.

Since Samsung is out we now go back to dials and less colours ? what happens to "NO plain boring silver/grey colors (avoiding strictly)" ?

I don't like this panasonic for two reasons

pana 305.jpeg

Pay attention to the cooling vents at the back of the fridge. Only goes half way down so the cooling won't be uniform and likely warmer towards the bottom. You only get one door shelf in the freezer instead of two.

Instead consider some other models.

Bosch 347.jpegLG 284.jpeg

Notice how the cooling vents for both reach further down ? that means uniform cooling or better cooling all around the fridge than the Panasonic.

Check out how adjustable the fridge shelves in the Bosch are. Lots of steps so you can configure the height of the shelves. You can even configure the shelves in the door.

The Bosch has a digital temperature setting for the fridge but a dial for the freezer.

The part that surprises me is the asking price. The 347 L Bosch is cheaper than a 284 L LG. Why ? what corners have been cut or what features is it missing compared to the LG. Key question. Ask owners how loud is the compressor. Noise is the one thing you cannot determine with appliances when buying.

The LG is four star, convertible and will run off an inverter. I'm not sure how well the Bosch can run off an inverter so check that part.

Is 284 L big enough ? otherwise there is the 308 L. Now you don't have boring colours. Service will be good with LG. But LG has no digital temperature settings in this size range. Only dials. Otherwise the 284 is a mini version in the same color as the 470 i have.

Check if that icebox is movable, on some LG models i saw its stuck to the shelf and cannot be removed.

Both Bosch & LG use slotted gaskets so you can remove and clean them unlike glued in Samsung. I saw this image of pulling out the door gaskets somewhere but now i cannot find it!!

If you need to lock the fridge, only LG has this facility.

Last edited:

Yes Vijay Sales does not have the said model in stock. But Croma and Surya Electronic have the model with multiple color in display and in stock. If such issue wouls have been there definitely they would not like to upset their customers.
Similarly Vijay Sales have the same model in 321/324L in stock.

How is Panasonic service in Pune ? that is one factor to consider.

Since Samsung is out we now go back to dials and less colours ? what happens to "NO plain boring silver/grey colors (avoiding strictly)" ?

I don't like this panasonic for two reasons

View attachment 82301

Pay attention to the cooling vents at the back of the fridge. Only goes half way down so the cooling won't be uniform and likely warmer towards the bottom. You only get one door shelf in the freezer instead of two.

One door shelf in freezer is fine as we almost hardly use freezer. And additional one can be bought directly from Panasonic.
Cooling vents looks halfway but people have very good cooling with this as well. Reviews also are positive.

As for grey/silver boredom I think we have to live with it.

For LG its too old style with those old school handle designs they should have matched with every other brand by in-door handle.

As for Bosch nobody who I know have any bosch appliances.

The store was also offering us Haier fridge worth 52k for just 34k and it was stunning and mirror finish and 345 ltrs with bottom mounted freezer but overall one hell of ample space both ways. But it lacked inverter cum converter tehcnologies though at least it should had provided the basi Inverter tehno.

One door shelf in freezer is fine as we almost hardly use freezer. And additional one can be bought directly from Panasonic.
Why buy when it should be there to begin with !

Now what is the difference between this one and the one you posted ? this one says 307 L yours says 305 L

Specs look the same but i cannot find the one you posted on the panasonic web site, i find this one though

It comes in different colours too. But what is the difference ?

For Rs.1000 more with 307 L model you get....

pana 2 yr warranty.JPG

Two year warranty instead of 1 and 12 year instead of 10 on the compressor, for a limited period. Check the warranty section for both models on flipkart.

No company offers 2 yr warranty for a fridge, all offer 1 yr. But anything with a heater gets two yr warranty ie a simple hair dryer.

Cooling vents looks halfway but people have very good cooling with this as well. Reviews also are positive.
One person mentioned this and said you have to set freezer to high. Huh! No, you will have to set fridge to high.

pana surround cooling.JPG

Explain how that bottom circulation happens with no vent ? i don't know...

As for grey/silver boredom I think we have to live with it.
See the panasonic web link above for colour options.

For LG its too old style with those old school handle designs they should have matched with every other brand by in-door handle.
Nice long handle that your hand finds easily instead of poking your hand into a slot ? the difference is fridge depth is less by how much handle sticks out.

They have done this because people have broken those handles. With the slotted kind there is nothing to break.

As for Bosch nobody who I know have any bosch appliances.
For me this is generally a good reason to consider it then :)

The store was also offering us Haier fridge worth 52k for just 34k and it was stunning and mirror finish and 345 ltrs with bottom mounted freezer but overall one hell of ample space both ways. But it lacked inverter cum converter tehcnologies though at least it should had provided the basi Inverter tehno.
Nobody knows how Haier will hold up. They are cheap but service, etc is a big unknown. I think to get confidence in this market a company needs to be here at least ten years to be trusted.

Back