Budget 31-40k Suggest relevant upgrades

meet6600

Adept
Hi Friends,

Need help in second phase of my PC Upgrade. I bought Intel Core i3 4130 with stock cooler, Asus H87 Pro (No Overclocking) , 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, 1 TB Green WD (Still regret the purchase), Carbide 500R and G400s Logitech Mouse in one go. Already had CX600 PSU, Razer KB, DVD RW and UPS. Now want to go for GFX, RAM, Storage and SMPS upgrade whichever necessary. Kindly suggest,
  1. What is your budget?
    • 30 K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core i3 4130 with Stock Cooler
    • Motherboard - Asus H87 PRO
    • GPU - Integrated
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3
    • Storage - WD Green 1 TB
    • Corsair Carbide 500R
    • Samsung CD / DVD RW
    • Monitor - Dell S2209W Full HD
    • PSU - Corsair CX600
    • Razer Lycosa Mirror Keyboard
    • Logitech G400s Mouse
    • APC UPS 800 VA
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU Intel Core i3 4130 ( Waiting for Broadwell Core i5 with IRIS 6200)
    • Motherboard, RAM and Integrated GPU
    • Carbide 500 R
    • DVD RW
    • Monitor, KB Mouse and UPS
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade in phases. In First Phase got rid of my Old AMD Rig but kept PSU, KB and Monitor to upgrade to Intel Core i3, RAM, Mobo, New HDD, Cabinet and UPS (35k all after deducting my previous config).
    • Next and last phase will be CPU.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi Locally
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Light to medium Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefer Asus, SAMSUNG, WD, Corsair, etc
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Latest Titles at medium or high settings.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Not intending to utilize Full HD 1080p and have never gone for high or ultra settings
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
    • Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

For Now, I want to go for following:

1) SSD 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1 TB 7200 rpm WD Black / Blue
2) 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Stick for Dual Channel
3) Graphics card and if required PSU

Holding for CPU Upgrade for 5th Gen model mentioned. Kindly pour in suggestions for a powerful rig,

the cx600 is fine.
if you plan on playing the latest titles at medium settings then something better than a 750ti might be required - maybe a r9 270x or if you can stretch your budget a gtx 960.

Thanks to valuable suggestions by all, I now only need CPU and GPU upgrade for which I am holding now for some time. Will be back with the relevant query!

Isn't 5th Generation Broadwell with IRIS 6200 worth waiting? And also let me know from where you are getting the prices as GTX 960 at 16k sounds good.

Hi Folks, Please suggest an upgrade from my current i3 4130 CPU. Not into over clocking plus have H series mobo so K series out of question

Hi all! Please suggest for CPU upgrade from core i3 4130 to i5. Not into over clocking plus have H series mobo so K series out of question

Back